What's new

Parker adjustable injector ?

Too bad, it is a nice razor and the price was very reasonable. Maybe they will make another production run, hopefully soon.

Fingers crossed! I am a big fan of the PAL Adjustable and Schick Adjustable injectors; would have loved to try the Parker.

Not only is it out of stock at retail outlets, but it also looks like all references to the model have been wiped from the Parker website.

When I bought mine last March I couldn't find anything on the Parker home page but I found the Super Safety Razors page on Google.
Hope they do make more even if they are the same. The Parker set on 5 is about the same as the Schick adjustable set on 5, the Schick goes up to 8, and the Parker set on 1 would be a -1 on the Schick, so it is a very mild shaver.
However it can still give a very close shave, you just have to do a few more passes.
I have nearly all the vintage injector razors and they all shave great. The Parker is the best combination of all of them save for the mildness.
An injector razor, I feel, is the best transition razor from a cartridge razor and an adjustable injector razor would be the only razor you would ever need.

Just went to the website and you can now order a razor from there. Didn't see anything about any changes to the design but at least it's available again.
If anyone does order one try the Coupon code, MANTIC59, for an extra 20 blades.

Just went to the website and you can now order a razor from there. Didn't see anything about any changes to the design but at least it's available again.
If anyone does order one try the Coupon code, MANTIC59, for an extra 20 blades.

Just ordered the V2!

While the MANTIC59 coupon code did not work for me, SSR offered a code for a free bottle of Taconic pre-shave oil when opting in to its newsletter.

Last edited:
Here's what face of email says: Version 2 has been redesigned to be a more efficient shaver at the lowest and highest settings & the Parker logo is now laser etched into the handle.
I bought the Parker adjustable some months ago and like it. It's a very mild razor, however, and I prefer a more aggressive razor such as the Schick E's or G's. I may buy the Parker Version 2.

Thanks for the info, @OhioBob.

Would have been nice is SSR had included the information about its more aggressive orientation in its listing, especially since even Parker's website has no information about the injector (which seems odd).

Hoping V2 of the Parker still falls on the mild-ish side of the spectrum.

Everyone seems to clamor for more blade feel and more aggression these days, but my sweet spot is the mild later Schicks and the Schick M adjustable.

Everyone seems to clamor for more blade feel and more aggression these days, but my sweet spot is the mild later Schicks and the Schick M adjustable.
The Schick Adjustable and Hydro-Magic are my favorite injectors but what I like best about the Parker V1 is when set on the mildest number 1 setting it is one of the few razors I can shave ATG around my mouth and chin without getting a dozen weepers.
Most people would not miss setting 1 but I'm glad I got the V1.
The only other razor I have that is that mild is my gold Gillette Executive Fat Boy.

The Schick Adjustable and Hydro-Magic are my favorite injectors but what I like best about the Parker V1 is when set on the mildest number 1 setting it is one of the few razors I can shave ATG around my mouth and chin without getting a dozen weepers.
Most people would not miss setting 1 but I'm glad I got the V1.
The only other razor I have that is that mild is my gold Gillette Executive Fat Boy.
I am going to try this! The Parker V1 was my gateway injector. Placed an order for V2, and one will be gifted to someone else!

How nice that this has come to be! I am content with V1, but would love to see a review of the newest model.

I liked the v1 so much that I bought a vintage Schick M1. Love them both and am excited that Parker is doing an affordable v2. Like whiterock I’m set, but look forward to reviews. Here is a link to the sharpologist article with some detail on the razor and a discount code. Parker Adjustable Injector Razor Review - Sharpologist - https://sharpologist.com/parker-adjustable-injector-razor/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, @Dngolden, for the link! Gives us something to compare our results to.

My V2 arrived in time to do a late morning shave. I used both versions, set to 4, with the V2 taking the troublesome left side of my face (if any side is prone to irritation, it is my left) and the V1 took the right. Both had sChick blades, but the V2 got a fresh blade and V1 had 5 prior uses.

To me, the V2 seemed to produce more audible feedback, and I felt it smoothly cutting the whiskers. V1 was quieter, and seemed to pull the lather more, not really giving me the sensation of cutting.

The final result after the 3 standard passes has been indistinguishable so far, leaving me refreshed and with a comfortable shave. I will update later after tomorrow morning's work shave to see if the stubble was different by than and throughout today. Thanks for reading!

Top Bottom