What's new

Parker adjustable injector ?

. Before changing over to a Schick blade I will have to give it one more shave just to see the turn out.

Would be interested how you compare the razor with the Schick. I didn’t get great shaves with the blades that came with the razor. And found they dulled quickly. But the Parker really sung with Schick.

Like you the Parker isn’t going to knock out my DEs. This week I got sublime shaves from my Feather AS-D2 and a fresh feather blade. But the Parker razor-Schick blade combo is definitely in the rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interested how you compare the razor with the Schick. I didn’t get great shaves with the blades that came with the razor. And found they dulled quickly. But the Parker really sung with Schick.

Like you the Parker isn’t going to knock out my DEs. This week I got sublime shaves from my Feather AS-D2 and a fresh feather blade. But the Parker razor-Schick blade combo is definitely in the rotation.

My comparison is the Parker is more mild, smooth and a little more forgiving then the Schick is even set to 5. I can certainly feel the blade in the Schick, in the parker I can't. My first use I didn't even think it was cutting and had to look closer in the mirror to make sure. I don't use the J1 much since finding DE's 5 years ago since it seems so aggressive to me. It was only used before to cut a week's growth and that always ended in blood letting because of the pressure I used equal to the twin disposables I was using at the time. Since it was my Dad's razor I only use it now when I am feeling nostalgic and thinking if him. Now the Parker may just change that and will likely use it more in my rotations with my DE's than I have been with the J1. The Taconic blades did surprise me in how smooth they were. The first and second shaves were quite nice the third left something to be desired but got a decent shave, will see in the future if it was just that blade or if they all lose there edge that quick. Last Monday I switched out the Taconic for a Schick and the first couple strokes I would have said I liked the Taconic blades more but then the blade smoothed out and would say they are about equal. I never noticed that before with the Schick blades in the J1. I have no clue how many shaves I got with the Schick's years ago but even though the Taconic's are cheaper I think cost per shave would go to the Schick blades because I estimated at least 15 shaves from them plowing down a week's growth versus 3 with the first Taconic blade.

The only con I have with the Parker is the handle. All my DE razors and the J1 all have round handles. The Parker has this trapezoid shaped handle and it seems like the razor want to twist in my hands the way I hold it. It is just a minor complaint of mine and I am getting used to it the more I use it.

I found the included blades really did nicely after a few shaves where the first few were pretty rough. I agree about the Parker settings, it’s got a lot less feel than the M...like setting 5 on the Parker might reach setting 2 or 3 on the Schick M but still with less blade feel. I can get a comfortable BBS with it though so it’s sticking around for now!

Reactions: abj
I found the included blades really did nicely after a few shaves where the first few were pretty rough.

I know what I say runs against accepted wisdom, but I had a rough first shave, removed the blade, stropped it on a bluejean leg, put it back in the injector, back in the Parker adjustable, and had a very good, smooth close shave. Of course, this is not a good controlled experiment, but this has generally been my experience with the Taconic/Persona injector blades in my Schick injectors as well, if I strop them before I load them the shave is a lot smoother. I know, it 's a hassle, but at least you get more shaves than the 2 or three customary with DE razors.

I am really enjoying this razor! I have used it to rescue a shave gone bad when a DE razor/blade/soap/face prep combination did not work out.
It is also a great razor for when I don't have time for good face prep.

This is now my daily driver as I am looking to see how many shaves I can get out of a Teconic blade. Next I will try a chick then a Ted Pella.
I still use my DE razors for a closer shave but for knocking out a multi-day growth before going out in public, this works for me.

Just curious, since there is no blade feel, when do you know to change the blade? I plan to keep going until it stops cutting or I hit a wall with razor burn or nicks.

I went 11 shaves, and switched for the heck of it! I wasn't trying to push it to see how long, I just wanted comfy shaves. Some one told me that he regularly gets b/t 10 and 14 shaves, so I let that influence my decision (such a follower!). I ended up getting quite a few Chinese Schicks, as I ordered them twice. First order stated back ordered, so I used a different vendor. The first vendor got stock back before second shipped, so I got a few! The point, I decided to just use 10 as a minimum and see what happens.

I am really enjoying this razor! I have used it to rescue a shave gone bad when a DE razor/blade/soap/face prep combination did not work out.
It is also a great razor for when I don't have time for good face prep.

This is now my daily driver as I am looking to see how many shaves I can get out of a Teconic blade. Next I will try a chick then a Ted Pella.
I still use my DE razors for a closer shave but for knocking out a multi-day growth before going out in public, this works for me.

Just curious, since there is no blade feel, when do you know to change the blade? I plan to keep going until it stops cutting or I hit a wall with razor burn or nicks.
I also like the Parker injector a lot. My Schick G-1 still is my favorite injector, but the Parker is a great razor. I change my injector (and other blades) when they start to drag and pull. The last time I used the Parker, I got maybe 10 shaves out of a Taconic blade on my fairly coarse beard.

I was re-reading a few post and may have misinterpreted the comparison you were asking about. I was thinking razor and not the blade itself. Just thought I would let you know end of last month I did switch the Taconic out for a Schick blade and even though the Schick blade in this razor seemed rough the first stroke or two(never noticed it in the J1 before) it smoothed out and would say the blades are equal. I only have 2 shaves on the Schick blade as I went back to DE razors for the last month but since the Taconic seemed like it fizzled out after 3 shaves I am thinking the Schick will last longer. I might be using both my Injectors for the next week or two to get a feel for both of them before switching back to DE.

Just found out about this razor today and just ordered one.
Coupon code, MANTIC59, is still good.
I have both Pal and Schick adjustable razors and many other injectors so this is a must have for me as the most I've ever paid for any vintage injector razor was $8.00.(for a Personna non-adjustable)
Less than $40.00 for a new one seems fair.
I have always felt an injector razor would be the best transition razor for someone used to carriage razors and an adjustable would be even better. Nothing like a DE razor but way better (and cheaper) than a carriage.
Will let you know how they all compare.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Hello, I'm new to the se side of things, will this razor work with Feather ac blades? Thank you.

I have been using this razor for a while now and it has become my daily driver.

Here are the blades I have tried so far and the number of shaves I had on each blade (for my level of face prep, skin sensitivity, etc.):

Chinese Schick injector blade (chick): 13
The blade was initially grabby at the beginning of the first shave but smoothed out as I completed that shave.

Ted Pella injector blades: pushed to 17 but I should have stopped around shave 14 as I had nicks after that point.
The first pass of the first shave was a bit harsh and I could feel some razor burn. The next shave was fine.

Taconic Shave Injector Razor Blades: pushed to 14 but that shave was not comfortable. I should have stopped at 13.
This was the first blade I tried with this razor so I was still figuring my way around with the angle and lather thickness required. I had some razor burn for the first shave.

Just purchased my first vintage Schick because I liked the Parker so much

Fantastic! I had read that shaving with the Schick injector is like cheating, because of the ease with which a great shave is achieved, and I found it to be true. And another positive is the cost of adding more injectors is amazingly low compared to stainless steel razors. Have fun and enjoy!

Alright, @Dngolden, I blame thank you for the assist in enablement! :thumbup1:
I decided to get a Schick Hydro-Magic, and searched various locales BST for one, and then found one on the 'Bay. Before I came to my senses, I had clicked cdd0e4e4e40e7aa97b61de50381deaa7.jpg

So another Schick injector headed to the mailbox this week!

I don't know about the Bay, but I bought a Parker adjustable last year from Super Safety Razors and it still sells them on its website. Very mild razor (almost impossible to nick yourself). Great introduction to the injector world.

Top Bottom