What's new

Parker adjustable injector ?

Thanks, @Dngolden, for the link! Gives us something to compare our results to.

My V2 arrived in time to do a late morning shave. I used both versions, set to 4, with the V2 taking the troublesome left side of my face (if any side is prone to irritation, it is my left) and the V1 took the right. Both had sChick blades, but the V2 got a fresh blade and V1 had 5 prior uses.

To me, the V2 seemed to produce more audible feedback, and I felt it smoothly cutting the whiskers. V1 was quieter, and seemed to pull the lather more, not really giving me the sensation of cutting.

The final result after the 3 standard passes has been indistinguishable so far, leaving me refreshed and with a comfortable shave. I will update later after tomorrow morning's work shave to see if the stubble was different by than and throughout today. Thanks for reading!
It sounds like an improvement! Did they change the texturing on the underside of the razor at all? I find the V1 a bit lacking in this area. Good review!

I think what most people would like to know is which of the two is more aggressive on the high setting and milder on the low setting or if there is any difference at all.

Just ordered the V2!

While the MANTIC59 coupon code did not work for me, SSR offered a code for a free bottle of Taconic pre-shave oil when opting in to its newsletter.

The "amtic59" coupon expired.
Try "mantjuly". It's goo 'til the end of July.

I think what most people would like to know is which of the two is more aggressive on the high setting and milder on the low setting or if there is any difference at all.
Here is a link to the sharpologist article with some detail on the razor and a discount code. Parker Adjustable Injector Razor Review - Sharpologist - https://sharpologist.com/parker-adjustable-injector-razor/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See Mantic59's review above. Near the end of the article he addresses this. Hope that can help until others post more info.

I had my second shave with the V2 today. The V2 is more aggressive at the higher settings, but what I consider "sensibly aggressive", not crazy like some DE razors that can cut you to peices. It is a very foregiving razor as was the v1 -- it's just that the v2 just seems to have cranked it up a bit, especially at settings above 3. The V2 is the one I prefer now.

The V2 is more aggressive at the higher settings, but what I consider "sensibly aggressive", not crazy like some DE razors that can cut you to peices. It is a very foregiving razor as was the v1 -- it's just that the v2 just seems to have cranked it up a bit, especially at settings above 3.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to trying the V2 out later today... mine is scheduled to show up mid-afternoon.

I just used my original Parker for the first time yesterday in a few months. I enjoyed the shaves in the beginning but the last few shaves I had on it I just don't care for it anymore. I even put a new blade in it have been running it on 5 but it is just not efficient for me. I may have been a little rushed last night but still didn't get a clean shave. I don't care for to aggressive of a razor. I would be hard pressed to invest in a second Parker.

First shave with the Parker V2. Completely unusable for me even on 5. Pretty disappointed in it. Luckily I’m not out much with how cheap they are.

Yes it simply wouldn’t cut hairs effectively. Finished the shave with my Schick injector, which I just found out is a G1 model. The Schick gave a BBS 3 pass shave.

As with all the aspects of our shared obsession, YMMV. I really like the V2. But I prefer milder razors. I get a very close and comfortable shave with 3 passes. And my post really is to muddy the water, not disagree with any one! But I do agree that my Type G is fantastic and easy. I also, having the disposable income, wanted to support a moder injector. Just imagine if Blackland, Yates, or Razorock came out with one! In my opinion, Kudos to Parker for doing this.

After my last post I had thought about a change of mind but then I decided to do a little research on this new version 2 but Parker does not have any information on the difference or what they changed, if there is I couldn't find it. Looking at mantic59's review/description appears they made the 1 setting more aggressive but he states setting 5 is about the same to him. So Parker etched the handle and made number 1 a little more aggressive so not much of an improvement then. I like mid aggressive razors, I run my Slim at 5-6. My Schick Injector J1 is a little too aggressive. My version one of the Parker set on 5 is about comparable to maybe setting 3 on my Slim.

I had my second shave on the my original version yesterday. This time I wasn't rushed, used a better soap and ended in just a mediocre shave. Parker should have left setting one alone for those that like mild and setting 5 should have been like my J1 or greater. Even though I think my J1 is a little aggressive I can always dial the adjustable down.

I've dusted off a couple of old Schicks recently and have been getting nice shaves, so I thought I'd give the Parker Adjustable a try. I just ordered the V2 and it's already shipped and I should be having it in a few days. Looking forward to giving it a try. If it doesn't work out, I can always do a PIF. Life is good. :001_cool:

Top Bottom