What's new

Paring the collection down!

Buying a house that is a smidge smaller but way cooler started all of this. Got outbid on the house but did a nice job downsizing.....and in the meantime got into some 70s stereo equipment. A little Sansui 221 amp and hk20 speakers.

Thanks for sharing your stories!

The great purge will start pretty soon. In the planning stage of buying an engagement ring and so I am selling off all the unused/collectible stuff. I think I'd rather speed up the process of getting engaged than having a bunch of trinkets around that I only look at a few times a year. But I guess life is all about priorities :)

Ummmm......what this thing mean......called......pa-ring down ?

SixCats!

I was thinking of you....:a29:

Everything I own is in two shoes boxes. The straights are in a plastic case I found at Walmart. I had two or three soaps until a friend sent me a box of several. I'll never need to buy soap again.

If figure it they don't eat they can stay.....:a21:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
At one time I had 35 razors. I have gotten down to 18. I sold off all my injectors, two slants, a Toggle, and a few SE razors. However, my brush and soap collection has increased.

I'm at the same place.

First got all the kids grown and gone downsized the house, the clothes, the furniture, the garage tools and any other Misc, crap I horde. Downsized the shave den, brushes from 20 to 3, downsized the soaps from 18 to 4 and razors to just one each of DE, SE, Injector, Straight, Shavette and Trac II with carts for travel.

Gotta decide what to do with 200 + aftershaves. Trying to decrease by using them up is slow going.

I don’t have any razors I hate since I got rid of those as quickly as I acquired them. That leaves me with about 50 razors I like and razors I love.

I have already started to separate them into the like and love drawers in my shave den and will likely sell off the like razors around the end of the year. I don’t know what I will end up with, but I should be able to get down to about 20 or so razors (combination of DEs, SEs, injectors and straight razors).

I’ll keep my dozen brushes and blades as I have no guilt over them. I was never really overrun with soaps; besides they’re consumables.

I’ll still have a nice variety, but not be hanging on to razors I use once a year.

As a collector, I wonder why I have 20 unopened boxes of the same item be it a Schick Tracer or Type L injector etc.

Top Bottom