What's new

Palmolive Lather Shave Cream discontinued

this is bad news, but at least i have my proraso which i'm getting really attached to. hopefully target doesn't decide to pull it from their shelves, that would be a shame.

I know coming from me it's strange, but I find the scent of the US Palmolive quite pleasant, although the Euro version is nicer, at least IMO.

Jeff
I agree. Smells clean and pleasant to me and the scent doesn't linger after you rinse it off. I just bought the last 4 tubes at my CVS.

Picked up the last four tubes to be found in the metropolis of Cheshire, Connecticut. :crying: Where's Cheshire, you ask. It's a small town about 20 minutes from New Haven. By telephone. :wink2:

When these are gone, I guess that's it. Been using the stuff since 1963.

Something strange happened when I read this thread a few days ago. Once I heard this stuff wasn't going to be made anymore, I'm suddenly stopping at every CVS Drug Store in the area....and buying every tube of Palmolive Lather Cream they have! :eek: I've stopped at five stores thus far, for a total of 13 tubes! :biggrin1:

When I was checking out at one CVS, the cashier looked at the two tubes of Palmolive Lather Cream I laid on the counter and said, "Oh, this reminds me of my grandpa...he shaved with this stuff everyday...I just love the smell of it." I replied, "yeah, it kind of smells like laundry detergent." She said, "I know, that's why I like it so well." I then told her they were discontinuing it, so if she wanted a tube for old time sake, she should get it soon.

Could this be a new AD? PLCAD = Palmolive Lather Cream Acquisition Disorder. The thing is, this AD can only last until the current store supplies run out! :lol:

Smell is good. I actually like the clean smell. It is not nearly slick enough for me. I have tried multiple time to use this stuff and I am disappointed each time. Believe me I really WANT to enjoy the stuff. My skin just does not like it! I feel burn every time i use it. I have worked the lather with little cream, more cream, little water, more water i just can't get it to work for me. I really do think that I have been spoiled because using CE Almond creme is like heaven. This stuff... Actually I can't get Taylors Lavender to shave well either. I love the smell of the lavender (not a very good shave) Odds truly are it is user error.

From what I recall, negative reviews of Palmolive have been almost non-existent. Granted, some folks don't really care for the scent, but if you use it for a while, it kind of 'grows on ya' and you begin to like its clean scent. :001_smile

I've always found it to produce a nice slick shave. It has always been a 'value' shaving cream I guess, but one that gets mentioned often, especially from wetshavers who've been at it for a while. Many have said that if they were traveling and forgot their shave cream/soap they would stop in a local drugstore and pick up a tube of the Palmolive.

I still think a tube of Palmolive, a C&E Best Badger brush, a Super Speed or an HD, and a pack of Derbys is 'value' shaving at its best! I know that Palmolive is not for everyone, but in my little shaving world, it is nice to have such a classic in the rotation! :cool:

I stopped at a CVS yesterday, but was too late. Found the spot on the shelf where the Palmolive had been, but apparently Ron beat me to it. :wink:

I've enjoyed Palmolive, and I've always recommended it. I can get along ok without it -- I'll just buy something else -- but it's a darn shame for a good product to disappear.

Must not be many wet shavers in my town. The local CVS had four tubes of red label left that now reside at my house.

I got the last two Reds from the CVS around the corner. On clearance 2.24 a tube. Tomorrow I go on a 10 mile radius.

Raf

Found two tubes yesterday at a CVS store. $2.24 each - I bought the last two, so I'm set for a while, but I guess that's it.

I also bought the 2 last red tubes at a local CVS...I noticed they had 6 of the Brushless Green tube also. Has anyone tried the green one ??

I must admit, I am pretty impressed by the lather. I figured after 4 or 5 shaves that the smell would grow on me, but it's not. Anyone tried something that was successful in altering the scent?

I ordered a 6pack, it lathers great and seems to be almost unscented but it just does not ring my bell in the morning.

If anyone is interested in picking up more of these

I have 5 unopened creams and 1 tube used once. I would be willing to trade or send it to you at cost.

I got the last six from my local CVS. I got really lucky, 5 days ago I got what I thought was there last 4 tubes for $2.24. Went back last night and they had put the brushless (green) and the brush (red) on clearance for $1.50 a tube. I asked the lady stocking in cosmetics if they had anymore. She went back, checked and brought out a box of six. Yippee!! She said "didn't you tell me they weren't making this stuff anymore." I replied I had, and she said "well I guess you won't have to worry, 10 tubes ought to last you" PS. As it was only $1.50 a tube couldn't resist the greenies and picked up those also. Got a bad case of SCAD. Thanks y'all

Top Bottom