What's new

Palmolive Lather Shave Cream discontinued

I'm really bummed out. I just recently bought a tube at a drug store last week and have been enamored with how well it shaves (although I don't care for how it smells). The lather is just as good IMHO of my TOBS. Oh well, good things can't last forever. :frown:

Stopped by my local CVS tonight on return from the grocery store. They were out of the red lather type. They had a few tubes of the green brushless, and they were on sale for $2.24 Didn't buy any of them --the brushless isn't my style.

-- John Gehman

just used the palmolive red.now i understand the comments about the smell--laundry detergent (LOL).but a good shave,perhaps if the company had given it a better smell it would be sticking around.i'm thinking of adding some citrus oil to it.(lemon?)

I hope this is not the Euro Palmolive , I cant comment on the US Palmolive I have a TUbe enroute to me so I guess I will compare to the euro version.
The euro version is def. a Bang for ya Buck...

I like the brushless shave cream. I bought a couple of tubes about a month ago and I am now going to hit a couple of CVS's near me to get what stock remains, if any.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
If its going to be a relic I guess I should try it. Just picked up 4 tubes of the red for 2.24 a pop at CVS. Last 4 on the shelf.

I bought the last 3 at my neighborhood Walgreens...I know the manager there for many years. He gave me 50% off and said that I was doing him a favor since they hardly ever had anyone buy it.
Will I become a Palmolive Shave Cream hoarder ?? ...stay tuned.

It's pretty good stuff, mostly because it's cheap. But it's not exactly god's gift to wet shaving. I don't really view this as a crisis. There are plenty of other bang-for-the-buck products out there.

It's pretty good stuff, mostly because it's cheap. But it's not exactly god's gift to wet shaving. I don't really view this as a crisis. There are plenty of other bang-for-the-buck products out there.

Was wondering about that.. people say it's a good lather.. but just plain ole good, or good for the dollar? I'd rather pay $8 for a tube of Proraso and be very happy than $2 for a Palmolive and be satisfied.

I just bought a single tube tonight and will give it a try. They still had a couple on the shelf so I can go back if I really like it.

So do I. I'm just saying it's not like Mama Bear or Honeybee Sue stopped making soap or something like that. Now that would be a crisis!

I just haven't gotten around to trying them. I'm pretty picky about soaps these days. Don't really like glycerin soaps, clear or not, like Conk, classic, Surrey, and the like. I've been pretty much sticking to Mitchell's (well, Kent), Tabac, Rivivage (gold dachs), Valobra shave stick (might be my favorite right now), and Valobra almond, with a cream, usually T&H limes, thrown in for good measure. Seems like I'm stuck in soap mode at the moment. This seems to flip every six months or so.

That said, I've posted before on other groups that if I was forced to pick one cream, it would probably be Palmolive, because of the great mix of quality and US availability. I'll miss it a ton.

I've had a tube for a while and really like the shave it produces, but have never been overly enamored with the scent.

However, once I read that it was indeed being discontinued...I went right out and bought 6 tubes of the stuff! :confused1

:lol: :lol: "What does logic have to do with shaving purchases?" :lol: :lol:

I guess Dave Barry was right...there really is a fine line between hobby and mental illness! :wink:

FWIW, Palmolive has given me the most consistent comfortable shaves without irritation (I have sensitive skin) of any shaving cream to date. It's also quite nice coupled with Arko soap, if you're not entirely enamored of the Palmolive scent.

J

I also agree with so many others, Palmolive Lather Cream gives consistently excellent shaves. The unscented aroma is a zero, but the lather is great.

Tim

I know coming from me it's strange, but I find the scent of the US Palmolive quite pleasant, although the Euro version is nicer, at least IMO.

Jeff

Top Bottom