What's new

Out for my walk yesterday and...................

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
This guy is just sitting along the path sunning himself. We were probably 20 feet away from each other. He could have cared less I was there. It wasnt until I took a couple steps toward him that he slinked off into the brush. That is an encounter you don't get very often. It made my afternoon.

cat.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Glad you didn't have to walk backwards three miles!

For some reason, it looks like the cat has a radio and folding chair in there... Clearly he was too chill to attack.

AA

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
We have quite a few of them at the ranch. I enjoy watching them.

We see Coyotes in the city here in Tulsa, but nothing as spectacular as a Lynx. One night when coming off the expressway, I would have sworn that I saw a wolf in the median. He was way too big for a Coyote and had the characteristic long legs.

How do you know the bobcat is Mexican? That sounds like the straight line in a joke. Around our house we have foxes and coyotes, owls and bats, but have yet to see a wild cat.

It meowed in Spanish? I have no idea why do you ask?
i was referring to @JWCowboy description of it as a plain old Mexican bobcat. it just sounded funny. It's like the rabbit pictured below, the Flemish Giant. The question being "how do you know it's Flemish?" rather than the exclamation,"that is a giant rabbit!"
1024px-Runt_and_Paxie.jpg

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
How do you know the bobcat is Mexican? That sounds like the straight line in a joke. Around our house we have foxes and coyotes, owls and bats, but have yet to see a wild cat.

'Merican not Mexican ;) like @BigFoot has that quote below his profile pic, you kind of have to say it like Haggard would.....
Although as he lives in Texas, I suppose it could be a Mexican bobcat. Heck we should just call it a Texas Bobcat.....

1605204455096.png

And that is either one really big wabbit or one really small border collie......

Last edited:
I was bow hunting deer one time. Bobcat came walking down the trail towards my tree.....looking right at me and not even pausing. Swore it licked its lips. I even moved a little....then a little more. Was honestly debating if I could handle a fall from that high if he started ascending my tree! They are pretty and, around here anyway, usually very modest and do not let you get a look too often or too long.

i was referring to @JWCowboy description of it as a plain old Mexican bobcat. it just sounded funny. It's like the rabbit pictured below, the Flemish Giant. The question being "how do you know it's Flemish?" rather than the exclamation,"that is a giant rabbit!"
View attachment 1181389
Sure puts the Sheltie breed in perspective. Your friend there is very nearly a twin to when mine was a middle aged adult.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
So bobcats are not the same as lynx?

EDIT: Never mind; did some reading and now I am more edumacated about these related felines.

Top Bottom