What's new

Ordered a Muhle R41

Been using a Merkur 39C for the past year and in the mood for something different. I like the looks of the R41 and finally pulled the trigger yesterday. Got an email this morning saying it was shipping today. Can't wait!

Just received a brand new one today...it's now loaded with an Astra blade and waiting for the cold light of an English dawn!

Looks very nice, extremely well made but its a bit light and as I said somewhere else it looks a little delicate. However, I'm a Merkur fan so that may explain that ... the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say.

I have an Edwin Jagger 89L too and that seems a little heavier. If the Muehle R41 is as good then I will be VERY pleased.

Will review and report in a few days.

Congratulations!! You just ordered the finest DE on the planet (as far as I know them; but I do have a few) still in production and I whish you the same fun with it as I have !:wink2:

Came in this morning. First impression is very favorable. I shaved last night, so I didn't have much to cut down this morning, but curiosity got the best of me. Put in a new Kai blade, then went to work. Seems to shave at least as close as my old sledghammer slant but with no nicks or irritation.
As far as appearance, fit and finish do appear to be a step above the Merkurs, even though it isn't as heavy. At this point, I definitely say I'd recommend this razor.

Seems to shave at least as close as my old sledghammer slant but with no nicks or irritation.

I found it to be a rather mild shaver but highly effective; one WTG pass was enough to go ATG right after.

QC at Mühle does seem to be better than at Merkur's, they are very well made indeed!

I am glad you seem to like the R-41, it truly deserves more attention on B&B! :wink2:

Top Bottom