What's new

New DE

I have not purchased anything new in the last 10 years and do not consider this a purchase either,
I was ordering something office related, I really needed.
Got a discount and used that to order this, I consider that essentially free and still going strong with my self imposed sabbatical.
I was ordering it for the stand and thought the razor would be a throw away.

The R41 is my daily razor and this compares , looks absolutely brilliant ,
those that do not like the R41 would still like the stand and handle I think.

those that like the R41, you should get this !

would be curious if anyone already has this and what your thoughts are?

forgot to mention, this is from temu , was not sure about posting the url, so just pasted the image.
1701876083864.png

20231207.jpg

Apologize for the poor picture quality
the one on the left is a 2011 R41
the head is a razo rock , i forgot the model
and the one on the right bottom is the new de,

when they announced design change on the R41 I immediately traded in my EJ89 head for a R41 head so I can't compare,
but the head reminded me of the razorock head I had.

when I compared with the R41 I meant it in terms of aggressiveness, the blade exposure is massive,
I shave with a very shallow angle so I actually prefer this, but definitely would not recommend for a newbie, it would be a blood bath.

but the stand is shiny and the handle itself is solid,
did not expect this in a $10 safety razor. very happy with my new acquisition :)

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
It was a complete copycat of muhle R89, including handle and holder. The real R89 will have the brand name engraved on the handle.
The following photos come directly from the muhle official website, you can compare them to see the similarity in appearance.
As far as zamak razors are concerned, muhle has fine quality, so if you are not picky about zamak, I would recommend going directly to muhle.
1702025676424.png

Regardless of the above, congratulations on purchasing a new razor. I believe it will bring you joy every time you shave.

I just bought an R41 and loved the first save. So far it's the only safety that gives as good a save as my Feather shavette. It beats my Parker and Fatboy adjustables on the highest settings. It's really substantial and good looking, too. Used the Muhle blade that came with it, but will try a Feather blade in the future.

Top Bottom