What's new

One Pass Shavers

I can’t get that close of a shave with one pass even with aggressive DEs (ATT H plate) unless I go ATG on first pass which causes me irritation.

I shave daily and it’s normally two passes and maybe cleanup depending on the razor (wtg,atg or xtg,atg).

I can get away with a single ATG pass + touchup/buffing around my problem areas (mustache area & right underneath my jawline by my chin). My preference is to also do a single XTG pass, however.

I start my shave each morning saying to myself, “just one pass”, then I say “just across the grain” then “a little against” then I give in and lather up again for touch up. It is just too enjoyable to only do one pass for me

One (WTG) pass here. Sometimes I'll lather my neck and jawline for a second (ATG) pass, but most of the time it's a single pass with the H1. A CCS is just fine. Zero irritation and I'm ready to take on the day.

I can get by easily with a one pass shave as long as no one is planning to rub my cheeks! Weekends I do a two pass simply because I like the whole "shaving experience." I wear a tie during the week so I take a third XTG pass on my neck with some scrubbing.

Can get a good looking shave from one pass, head and neck WTG. But I like to run my hand over my head and one pass will still feel rough! Two pass is great. Three pass for BBS.

I can usually also do one pass (ATG) and that will be pretty smooth for head shave.

One pass ATG on face and head during the week before work and I’m good. Head every day of the week. Face 5 days a week ( no Friday or Saturday face shave unless something is going on that I need to look good for ) Sunday is my pamper day. I spend some time on my face and head on Sunday so I’m a step up for the week to start. That’s also blade change day. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might skip the equivalent of one pass / buffing when I’m in a great hurry, but that’s it. When I’m pressed for time, I reach for a set up that allows me to plow over my face without fear of damage—the Personna Floating Head Injector with Japanese Schick II Twin and go at it. It allows me to shave quickly, but still well. Everyone should have one. I wouldn’t want to have no choice other than, say, a Muhle 41R when pressed for time.

As odd as it may sound, until I found this forum I never considered a two pass. I was also just shaving in the shower. Many years of wasted opportunities...LOL!!

Errata to my post above: everyone should have a quick shave go-to set up, not necessarily the Personna...although, if everyone had a Personna Floating Head Injector with Japanese Schick II Twin blade, the world would be a much better place.

One pass for me on weekdays...two passes on weekends. Just a side note...my father always did a one pass shave with some buffing touch ups and it worked well for him. I don't imagine many of our fathers bothered with a three pass.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Single buffing pass directly ATG with my Fatip Grande and a Polsilver or Gillette Yellow is bliss. I dont even feel like I've shaved after and it doesnt take 3 minutes to get a BBS that lasts 10 hours.

One pass, with maybe a little buffing on weekday mornings before work. I don’t shave most Saturdays, but do enjoy a nice two or three pass shave Sunday mornings.

I would never describe myself as a 1-passer. I like 4 passes, with number 4 just catching anything that was missed. There have been days when, say, I've shaved 3 days in a row getting nice, close shaves, that I might be super-busy and opt to do just a 1-passer. But as a daily routine, nope. It just can't be done if I want to achieve a good or great shave

Top Bottom