What's new

One for the Black Pudding Lovers...

Slice some Coxs apples and lightly fry in butter until they are just starting to go golden brown. Then throw in some black pudding and cook that until it has just changed colour on both sides. Then serve that on a warm plate. Leave the pan on the heat and de-glaze it with a little cider and mix in some more butter and keep stiring until it begins to reduce in volume. Then pour the cider sauce over the apples and black pudding.

Thankfully, I have no idea what y'all are talking about. :lol:

Well, where do you start, for blackpudding the main ingrediant is pigs blood, quite a lot of it actually:tongue_sm its a pudding made of meat, usually offal, cooked in blood and served for breakfast, its lovely:thumbup:

Well, where do you start, for blackpudding the main ingrediant is pigs blood, quite a lot of it actually:tongue_sm its a pudding made of meat, usually offal, cooked in blood and served for breakfast, its lovely:thumbup:

Yeah, that sounds tasty. ( sarcastic font )

I was wondering what to have for breakfast.

I'm not hungry now. :w00t:
Sue

Most cultures have a blood sausage recipe hanging around somewhere, I bet the German Americans bought a few over.

Sounds terrible but a good one is delicious, scallops with black pudding mmmmm.

Blood pudding, black pudding, boudin noir, the nasty little bits of blood cake that show up in some vietnamese soups... I'm down with all of it!

Blood pudding, black pudding, boudin noir, the nasty little bits of blood cake that show up in some vietnamese soups... I'm down with all of it!

Seriously? Guess I won't be trying the new vietnamese restaurant.......eeeuuuww.
Sue

Come on Sue no need to get squeamish about a bit of blood.

Change and taste in food usually happens from below, it was always poor community's that made the most imaginative and tasty use of discarded and less fashionable parts of the animal.

I like a good black pudding. I found some Korean blood sausage at an Asian market yesterday--I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Top Bottom