What's new

Wife is on a meat kick so I came up with a simple pemmican recipe. Not bad and shelf life = years.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
There are a few things that I do not skimp on; One is eggs and the other is beef. I get my eggs at the farmers market here in Austin. They are fabulous, but not cheap at 10 bucks a dozen. No I am not squeamish about it.
Btw, the GF and I are going to make this when we get settled in our new house at the end of this month. Looking forward to it, sir.

Bought up a bunch of meat yesterday chuck is down almost $1 a lb and the ribeye was down about $3 a lb also bacon was down quite a bit when I got eggs the other day did notice they were down a few bucks for 2 dozen pack we get (wife eats them I do not) sadly allergic to the whites :) but I do put the yolks on my meat sometimes :) yummmmmmmy

Anthony Chaffee has a interview with a rancher from Canada doing carnivore for 65 yrs :)
she was born in 1941 do not think she looks her age

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Btw, the GF and I are going to make this when we get settled in our new house at the end of this month. Looking forward to it, sir.

Eric,

Well, this recipe caused quite a kick around here after I posted it. That was intentional on my part lol. Everyone from New Zealand to Thailand tried it. We all agreed that it was something different and very tasty. Give it a try and tell us what you think.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Eric,

Well, this recipe caused quite a kick around here after I posted it. That was intentional on my part lol. Everyone from New Zealand to Thailand tried it. We all agreed that it was something different and very tasty. Give it a try and tell us what you think.
I certainly will, sir. I'll post pics as well. Thanks for all your contributions to this forum.

Looked up that recipe link :)
its very much like what we do for the birria tacos while I do not eat spices like that had a bite was very good the family loved it
might have to try that for the famil

Big fan of jerky and pemmican. Some
Photos from a batch of mixed meats. Bison flank, Lamb, Salmon, rendered lamb fat, blueberries, cherries, d/e (prevent caking of dried fruit when grinding. )
39F622E6-DD9F-4EC0-846A-C8674C94321C.jpeg
32CC16BB-872B-4743-9B24-D1D4592EC292.jpeg
E48E522D-5B0D-49F1-AEEA-7D187447BDD4.jpeg
F4DDAC37-F071-45E6-835B-DB33C61F8DAC.jpeg
A816DCB3-E4B3-4235-8F86-69F97500A17B.jpeg
4DD40E58-E3C0-4D6C-81A3-FC496496A743.jpeg
B55F749F-8E8C-4084-AD3F-A697BE46A385.jpeg
603584C7-4545-4ADE-ACF1-3189362EF953.jpeg

That looks good.

What is d/e?
Thank you... it was. It lasted me over a year. D/E is Diatomeceous earth, or fossilized diatoms. Food grade for this.

I became hooked on jerky at a young age and couldn't help but throw in, when I saw your thread. Thanks for allowing me to chime in.

Thank you... it was. It lasted me over a year. D/E is Diatomeceous earth, or fossilized diatoms. Food grade for this.

I became hooked on jerky at a young age and couldn't help but throw in, when I saw your thread. Thanks for allowing me to chime in.
You are welcome. I like to see other recipes. My first was perfect for my wife, not so great for me. :)

I looked into the history as much as I could some time ago when I got into the carnivore thing
I found both of those articles quite interesting. Thanx! I do, however, have to disagree with the claim that pemmican is nutritionally complete for two reasons. First, if you read the nutrition labels provided, you'll see that there are almost no vitamins in pemmican and second, effectively zero carbs. Now, some of you may like that, but I'm diabetic, LADA (Thanks, Agent Orange!) and insulin dependent. I need to have three meals a day, each with about 60 g of carbs to stay healthy, and pemmican just can't supply that.

You do not need dietary carbs to live :)
same thing you do not need fiber etc..
and meat does have everything you need nutrient wise and is the only food that is like that
also the bioavailability of the nutrients is better etc...

I would NOT try to live of pemican but just fatty meat you can no issues I have been doing so for over 4 years along with thousands of others and thriving beyond belief truly life changing with so many things just gone :)

Pemican was used often though as a source for long extended times but I prefer fresh meat so not sure how long some did use it in past ? But again was more a travel thing and used for voyages etc... when fresh meat was not available etc... as I understand its use but again many did use it long term
I would trust it long term over ANY modern processed food myself

Almost every carnivore (as in eating ONLY fatty meat) person who had diabetes has reversed it :) have not heard of one that has not actually
Might be worth looking into and trying it :)

sadly most of the “info” that they say you need is put out by the companies that make or paid for by those companies the medical ones or the ones producing the processed food etc…

I do wish I had found it earlier but glad I did find it and tried it with no desire to stop with how great I feel

Like me finding this great way of shaving and getting away from the canned goo and plastic mega blade stuff pushed as the best shave ever :)

While not Pemmican, I've been making my own Grass fed beef jerky in a Cosori dehydrator and the results are amazing. It's better than any store-bought jerky I've ever had and I know exactly what's in it. I'm happy to share the recipe if anyone wants it.

While not Pemmican, I've been making my own Grass fed beef jerky in a Cosori dehydrator and the results are amazing. It's better than any store-bought jerky I've ever had and I know exactly what's in it. I'm happy to share the recipe if anyone wants it.
for me when I make it wife does not like the smell need to get a dehydrator for outside :)

I just use salt myself as I don't want anything else :)

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile

That is a great recipe. Mine is quite similar, the two main differences being that I brown the beef in bacon fat and add a slug of bourbon. If you add more heat and it gets too zippy, have sour cream on it or serve a dairy side. For my money it's a mango cream cheese jello mold. Ok, tomorrow I am making a pot of chili.

My wife and I currently eat a half stick of grass fed butter, grass fed beef, cheese, 2 eggs, a whole avocado each once a day. Feel great. My Doc was worried my CBC numbers would be bad after I told him we had been on the beef for a year. He was shocked, all numbers were within range. Lost my love handles, gained 5 pounds of muscle from regular workouts. We feel energized.

Eat your Wheaties? (insert guffaw here)

Confession: Last night I fell of the wagon and ate half a loaf of French bread at a restaurant with my meal. It was great but today I feel tired. Coincidence?

Last edited:
My wife and I currently eat a half stick of grass fed butter, grass fed beef, cheese, 2 eggs, a whole avocado each once a day. Feel great. My Doc was worried my CBC numbers would be bad after I told him we had been on the beef for a year. He was shocked, all numbers were within range. Lost my love handles, gained 5 pounds of muscle from regular workouts. We feel energized.

Eat your Wheaties? (insert guffaw here)

Confession: Last night I fell of the wagon and ate half a loaf of French bread at a restaurant with my meal. It was great but today I feel tired. Coincidence?
The whole red meat is bad fat is bad idiocy at least many eating this way are proving them wrong and studies are coming out we have been lied to about the fat etc... :)
same with convincing people they need meds for life and have the companies make studies that show their lies/angle and then push that out as truth

Ancel Keys was one of the worst when you follow the lies and where the money came from and the lies that he told stuff he left out etc...

sounds like a awesome way of eating ya got going :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom