What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

16,000+ steps...
proxy.php

Deadlifts to 385 obs x5

First time deadlifting in three weeks so it was a big reset. Hardest part wasn't the lift it was my baby bottom smooth, tender hands. Good thing the gym I'm at has bottom end Eleiko bars. If it was the bars at the old gymI swear I would have degloved. Do yourself a favour and don't look that up.

Shrugs to 240 lbs x5

Road my mountain bike with backpack 3 miles to the grocery store. Loaded up with 30lbs of groceries, then road back. When I got to my apartment, I slung the bike on my shoulder (45lbs) and with the groceries, carried 75lbs up 3 flights of stairs. Then went for an hour walk before dinner. A normal day. I sold my car 2 years ago. I am turning 60 next month. I tried obesity, it didn't work for me. Sweat is friendlier than fat.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Road my mountain bike with backpack 3 miles to the grocery store. Loaded up with 30lbs of groceries, then road back. When I got to my apartment, I slung the bike on my shoulder (45lbs) and with the groceries, carried 75lbs up 3 flights of stairs. Then went for an hour walk before dinner. A normal day. I sold my car 2 years ago. I am turning 60 next month.
That is TRULY remarkable my friend!

I've got heart and lung disease, so I use it for an excuse to be lazy. I did some yard work, with only one break, which was HUGE for me, as a year ago that would have been impossible. But my new meds are helping, and my mind is getting better about physical activity.

Bonus: the yard looks much better!

Top Bottom