What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

15,000+ steps...
proxy.php

Deadlifts to 405 lbs x5
Shrugs to 250 obs x5

And just for the record the McGill Big 3 isn't getting any easier.
Your hands toughening up yet? I usually do my pulls with a Rogue olympic training bar...there is a fine line between building callouses and taking them off, with that knurl.

Your hands toughening up yet? I usually do my pulls with a Rogue olympic training bar...there is a fine line between building callouses and taking them off, with that knurl.
They're getting better, I'm surprised how far back they slid in only two weeks. I've taken time off before and they were tender at first but nothing like this. Am I getting soft in my old age?

They're getting better, I'm surprised how far back they slid in only two weeks. I've taken time off before and they were tender at first but nothing like this. Am I getting soft in my old age?
I don't know, layoffs always affected my hookgrip especially. I pretty much have to pull hook twice a week to keep my thumbs conditioned. Now that I only pull once a week I just do alternate, and straps for the high volume sets. I guess I still hook my power snatches but those are light and stress the thumb differently.

I didn't lift for most of August and my hands were definitely tender when I came back, though.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I went to the Chiropractor! That dude deep tissued me nigh unto death!

Then I walked through Sam's club.

Then I can't say all I want to.....but.....I ruined it all by going to Golden Corral. At the beginning of the month.... You all do the math! Lots of fellow knuckle dragging mouth breathers were there!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I went to the Chiropractor! That dude deep tissued me nigh unto death!

Then I walked through Sam's club.

Then I can't say all I want to.....but.....I ruined it all by going to Golden Corral. At the beginning of the month.... You all do the math! Lots of fellow knuckle dragging mouth breathers were there!
I see @Intrigued has been to Golden Corral in mid Michigan. I like to live dangerously, obviously.

If I ever try to write a comedy skit, I honestly couldn't write about today. The truth hurts too much.

Honestly. Let's just say SOME folks have NO business wearing spandex.

And if you are going to talk on your cell phone in publik, PLEASE keep it down to a dull roar. But if you can't speak with your inside voice, PLEASE enunciate well enough for me to understand. I know it was English you were attempting to speak, as I understood about every third werd you said, but I was lost on the other two werds.

For a minute there I thought I was having a stroke!

I wish I had video of it. I could sell it for big bucks.

Top Bottom