What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

I don't know how old all of you are, most of you don"t say. I was born on 12/7/1943, makes me 76. Went out on my 1989 Giant Cadex carbon fiber bike & road 30+ miles at an average speed of 15.2 miles per hour. Someone out there can do better! Let me know who you are?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Yard work...
16,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Intrigued

3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I went for a 10 mile bike ride. Nothing too taxing. 650 ft of elevation according to Strava although I don't think that's right as it usually says something like 621 ft of elevation gain for the same route. The important thing about today's ride is that this makes for my 4th day in a row that I've ridden. Starting on Tuesday I've done a total of 58.8 miles. One day didn't set Strava right so I don't have stats on that day but it's a route I take all the time so I estimate my total elevation gain over the four days and mileage to be 3,690 ft. As of yesterday when I did 20 miles there is one last cimb up to get to my house on the other side of the mountain. I don't know the grade. Up to now I have been remainging seated as I pedal up that hill. The past two days I decided I would stand and pedal to get up that hill. Feeling stronger. And I plan on going for another ride on both Saturday and Sunday since the weather is going to be nice. After that the forecast calls for rain Monday through Thursday. So my plan is to do push ups, crunches and planks on my days off as well as some other stuff I need to get to. Let's see if Todd can stop his laziness and finally do something to lose some weight and get back into some sort of shape. I've failed for years, literally. I'll see where I end up at the end of this week in terms of both mileage, elevation gain and body weight. I plan to wait to weigh myself until Monday morning.

Intrigued

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Fifth day in a row getting on the bike for a ride. This may be a record for me. So, Thursday was 20 miles, yesterday was 10 miles and I was hoping to do 20 today. Well, my legs are definitely feeling it. I can't imagine why. Prior to this Tuesday I've ridden a total of 100 miles all year. Starting Tuesday through yesterday I had almost 60 miles logged. I'm not in any kind of shape to expect that I can do any kind of mileage with the hills we have around here after 4 days of riding. So I did another 10 today bringing the total of the week to just about 70 miles. Tomorrow will be another nice day but a little cooler. I plan to get out and do at least another 10. More if my body lets me. And they changed the weather forecast. It was saying rain on Monday through Saturday but now Monday looks good so I'm going to ride Sunday and Monday and recover Tuesday through Sunday with rain forecast each of those days. During that week I'll start working on my core. Push ups, inverted push ups (if I can do them), bicycle crunches and planks.

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Intrigued

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom