What's new

Old Fogies Club: What was your workout today?

Thirty two miles on the road bike. Today was hill day. In the cold I try to stay off fast downhills so I worked out a ride with mostly long slow downhills and a few decent climbs coming back. Brutal cross winds today though.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thirty two miles on the road bike. Today was hill day. In the cold I try to stay off fast downhills so I worked out a ride with mostly long slow downhills and a few decent climbs coming back. Brutal cross winds today though.
Wow. You sir are amazing.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

17,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Wow. You sir are amazing.
Actually that's only a passable workout compared to the guy's I ride with. They are younger but only 10 years or so. I can't run anymore since I had a THR in 2017 so biking and push ups are all I got. The only Fondos I entered ( that is a large ride not necessary racing but some do) I finished dead last and second to dead last. Keeps me in shape though.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I
Actually that's only a passable workout compared to the guy's I ride with. They are younger but only 10 years or so. I can't run anymore since I had a THR in 2017 so biking and push ups are all I got. The only Fondos I entered ( that is a large ride not necessary racing but some do) I finished dead last and second to dead last. Keeps me in shape though.
I am no less impressed my friend.

Do you know how many people give up after the THR?

Intrigued

3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

16,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Nice. I love biking but can't stand the cold. Once the temps get down into the 40's I wimp out and head inside on the elliptical. Kudos to you for getting out there and crunching away.

Intrigued

Various stretches worked in with 3 cycle of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., crunches, pushups, planks.
proxy.php

17,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Intrigued

3 cycles of 12 reps of various exercises; e.g., squats, light weight work.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

15,000+ steps................
proxy.php

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Squat, Bench, Deadlift and Pullups. All done with bodyweight or close to it. Not trying to set world records here, but I think the big compound movements done once or twice a week will keep me in good strength in my next decades. I plan to do all these lifts until I can't.

Top Bottom