What's new

Official Single Edge September (SEptember) Thread

Razor: GEM Featherweight V1 (3)
Blade: Personna GEM Coated (3)
Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Unscented With Beeswax
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Sandalwood Post Shave Balm

1 nick; No irritation; Very close and very smooth; Pleasant DFS++ shave. On target.😀

I used a bit too much pressure and created a nick as a result. It was a very small almost insignificant nick.

Shave log summary 20220909

Cheers!!!

SEptember 16, 2022

Razor: Supply SE
Blade: Supply Black Label (7)
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: RR BC Silvertip
AS: Clubman Pinaud

Best shave yet with the Supply Razor and blade after 48 hour dwell. The setup has clearly moved from a dust collector to regular use along with my 3 favorite DE's and the Leaf Twig. Happy Friday to all!

SEptember 16th
20220916_100900.jpg

Had a nice BBS with the Hawk V3A loaded with a Kai Captain Titan mild pink on shave ten. Have a great day folks!

SEptember

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Feather Professional (5)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Barbershop
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery TravelShave Bowl
Brush: AP Shave Co Elegant Emerald Handle 24mm SynBad Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm, Executive Man EDT
Rating: 10/10 Three pass efficient BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. Very good lather, cushion and slickness. Excellent shave overall.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, SEptemper 17th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE AC 50mm- Mfg 2021> excellent tame mid range, interesting clamping design, blade is centered reasonably accurate IMO, I get great shaves from this razor 95%> of the time IMO.
Blade : Feather Pro AC 50mm, Sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green" nice sweet clean scent with some cedar wood base notes + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi Viper 24mm boar brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, great splay scrubber + good lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi the Green AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Excellent shave with my SE Yaqi Excalibur with a Feather pro AC 50mm blade.
SOTD Septemper 17 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SEptember

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: GEM PTFE (9)
Soap/Cream: Arianna & Evans Kaizen
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery TravelShave Bowl
Brush: AP Shave Co Rainbow Stripe Handle 26mm G5A Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm, Kaizen AS
Rating: 9/10 Three pass efficient BBS shave with no touch ups, one weeper, cuts or irritation. Very good lather, cushion and slickness. Weeper my fault plus I think it's time to change blades. Overall it was a very good shave and would have been perfect had there been no weeper.

SEptember shave #9 on two day growth
  • 1970s Type L1 Schick injector
  • Schick Plus Platinum from the original packaging of the razor (3)
  • Hairline cleanup with early 1900s Durham Duplex "straight" carrying vintage blade from 1940s
  • Arko stick
  • Semogue 820 face-lathering beast
  • Nivea Sensitive Cool after shave balm
  • Vintage Old Spice splash
PXL_20220917_134102121.jpg

Injector shaves are so easy and comfortable to me, and this L1 was no exception. These old American Schick blades cut my whiskers effortlessly. BBS in two passes plus touch ups without irritation.

Before my shave, my wife cleaned up the hairline on the back of my neck using the Durham Duplex on my dry neck. This was surprisingly efficient and comfortable. Apologies that some of my hair was left on the blade in this photo. It was so comfortable, that I am more motivated to try this one on my face. Straights still scare me, but the training wheels on the DD gives me some comfort.

Arko face lathered with my Semogue 820 boar was superb as always. The Nivea balm works well and leaves very little scent. I love the scent of this Old Spice vintage AS. I'm sure it has something to do with my dad using it when I was a kid.

Have a great weekend everyone.
:shaving:

Razor: Blackland Sabre L1 (19)
Blade: Personna GEM Coated (2)
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Stirling Soap Co Unscented With Beeswax
Aftershave: Cold water rinse; Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Coconut; Stirling Sandalwood Post Shave Balm

No nicks; No irritation; close; Very smooth; Pleasant DFS+ result. On target.

Shave log summary 20220909

Cheers!!!

I used to get 3-4 months out of a Gillette Fusion or store-rebranded Dorco 6 that way. Expecting it would even better with a Sensor.
I could almost get 7 days out of the Fusion, Mach 3, Sensor, Atra and Trac II. That is also chasing BBS. The expense of the carts led me to DE razors.

Top Bottom