What's new

OCtober 2021

1E28814D-E858-4AC2-9C14-AF1BB95FD760.jpeg
OCtober 23
Razorock SLOC
Nacet (6)

OCtober Sun 24 SOTD (Short workday near the beach)
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 4th
Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + TGS Sea Citrus
Wonderful soap! The scent is refreshing, lather creamy, and very slick...
The shave with the razor and blade combination was uneventful & good. 3passes without issues for a bbs/dfs finish.
The aftershaves were just awesome!
20211024_100524.jpg

OCtober Shave 21

Gillette ball-end Old Type
Gillette Nacet (4)

OCtober Shave 22

Gillette 1906 Single Ring
Gillette Nacet (1)

Semogue beechwood handle boar brush
Soap Commander Integrity
Cold water to finish

I finished round 4 yesterday with the five razors I'm using this month. Since #4 felt a little uncomfortable with the Single Ring earlier in the week I decided to start with a fresh blade today in that razor. I'm feeling the blade but it's not tugging. I'll continue with the "seasoned" blades in the other razors for the rest of round 5.

- Brush: Rooney with a Frank’s Shaving Manchurian knot
- Razor: Karve OC-D
- Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
- Soap: A&E Which One’s Pink?
- Aftershave: 4711
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

The OC-D is an excellent Karve plate! Except for under my nose, I could use this razor every day.

View attachment 1349843
It's a great razor this Karve, I have & love the SB-D plate and always longed for the OC-D plate option. I am just not sure if it's a more aggressive shave. What's the issue with under your nose? Is it too aggressive?

The Timeless Ti has never disappointed when a close & comfy shave is needed. Today was no exception to that rule. Precise feel & audible feedback that few razors match. The Sangre De Drago is just a scent that has to be experienced to fully comprehend. Resinous, dark with woods and paired with the leather scent from Le Parfum by Mercedes-Benz, incredibly good combo of woods with a leathery sweetness.

Great shaves to all….

Timeless Ti/Gillette Platinum-Graydog 26mm Badger Chechen-PAA Sangre De Drago soap & splash-Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum edp
D2F5289A-7105-4CAA-92E8-258613BE8CB7.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-Series (6)
Maggards 30mm synthetic brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: hot shower
Pre-shave: refined shea butter
Lather: Stirling Naked and Smooth
Post-shave: alum block
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: refined shea butter

Phoenix DOC
Derby Extra (1)
Fine Platinum
SOC Boar
Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum

SWS_20211024.jpg

It's a new week which for me means a different razor and a fresh blade. I haven't used the PAA DOC in a while but remembered it to be mild and forgiving. I wasn't mistaken as I shaved in a manner that would have drawn blood with just about every other razor in my possession. I managed to walk away with nothing more than a smooth and satisfying shave. The final full week of OCtober is off to a pretty good start. Be well and stay safe...

Last night, I had shave #35 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. Again, the blade was held in place with a Fatip Open Comb Piccolo in nickel.

I used Tabac (tallow) shaving soap and made pretty good lather. It was slick and cushiony.

Prior to the shave, I showered with warm water and also used warm water to soak my Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush. After I shook my brush to remove some water and picked up the soap puck in my left hand, I began swirling my brush across the top of the soap for a minute before scooping up all the protolather left on the puck and transferring it to the shaving bowl. Next, I rinsed the remaining protolather off my fingers with some tap water and collected the soapy water in an empty cup. I then picked up my brush and began to stir it in the shaving bowl while gradually adding some of the soapy water to make my lather. When my lather looked shave-ready, I applied a little of the soapy water to my face by hand before each lather pass.

I did my usual two pass (WTG and ATG) shave and buffed my trouble areas. I did not feel my blade; this is how I like it. I wound up with a very smooth BBS shave.

I cleaned up my shave with my usual alum block pass before washing it off and applying aftershave splash (Pinaud Clubman) and aftershave balm (Van der Hagen Post Shave Soothing Balm). I felt no sting from the alum block. I did feel a bit of sting from the alcohol in the splash, though.

This was my third time using the VDH balm. Again, I thought the balm was "heavier"/greasier than the skin than other aftershave balms I've used in the past and it seemed to cause me to perspire a bit more on areas of my face to which I applied the balm than areas without balm.

All in all, I would give this shave a 99/100.

51513E82-A5DF-4F64-A08C-454B00E716BF.jpeg

Top Bottom