Perma-Sharp Super (5)
Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm
Razorock American Barber
Stirling Arkadia
Nivea Protect & Care

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, OCtober 23rd 2021

Razor: Gillette New Long comb, fat handle + Canadian variant-Mfg 1930's N.D.Codes, mid range, a lot of copper for what ever reason on top cap & handle & the rest is brass. I get really close shaves & have to be a little more careful with this razor. I have another one & it shaves better because of the ball end handle feel IMO.
Blade: GSB(5) Excellent blade, sharp & smoooth with good longevity. One of my favorites.
Soap: Speick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. You can get a great creamy lather if you play with it a little longer by applying to face and just paint and scrub a little after bowl lather loading.( I just press some in the bowl)
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm (scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + some irritation + 2 blemish weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my Gillette New OC with a GSB.
SOTD, Oct 23, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

OCt 23 morning shave on the road
Linden/Voskhod/Barbasol

The Linden was given more time and attention this morning. Different angles, pressures, directions. I can't really count passes when I'm shaving with a slick left hand constantly evaluating and re-slicking.

With lots of experimentation, but without overshaving, I managed to get to results between CCS and DFS. The Linden is a workable tiny travel razor, nothing more.
925DE2C0-2EE7-44C4-8A68-E30B3A7D6157.jpeg

Gillette NEW Long Comb
Gillette Silver Blue (7)
Fine Platinum
SOC 2-Band Finest
Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum

Started the day with what turned out to be a nice relaxing shave; really close with no cuts, nicks, or weepers. The NEW LC remains one of my favorites. Bowl-lathered for the first time in months. The feel of the SOC badger never gets old. Good times!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-Series (5)
Maggards 30mm synthetic brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: refined shea butter about 10 hours before shave
Pre-shave: hot shower
Lather: ARKO!
Post-shave: alum block
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: refined shea butter
Clubman styptic pencil

Razor: Gillette 1910 ABC Pocket Edition #503B, Gold floral pattern
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20211022_084303.jpg

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Gillette New Type SC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (5)
Brush: Omega Evo
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition (Splash)
015_20.jpg

I didn't have time to logue yesterdays shave, so here it is. It was a fine way to end the week. The Old Type still wins over the New SC imo. It5 however was a fine week using the New SC.

I miss my Fatips. I haven't used them due to the rotation plan I have for them. I decided I can use my Plisson-Joris Palladium Engraved razor, as it does not interfere with my Fatip rotation. I will use it with a Wizamet Iridium Super, Proraso Pre-Shave Green, MdC French Vetyver, Simpson Trafalgar T3, InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid, and Gillette Cool Wave (Splash) Happy Shaves!

October 23
Fatip Gold Grande/Feather single use
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Zenith B-27 Chubby Scrubby Boar

This soap not used in a year and adding two new soaps this month. I look forward to every shave. I have not dialled in any of the three exactly to my liking. The last shave with the Felce was my best of the three soaps. Using the same soap for over a year spoiled me. This will be a five day shave. The twenty-ninth will be a six day shave to finish the month.

655D9F82-D083-4621-8FAB-C75B8D80BB9E.jpeg

The Felce Aromatica my favourite fragrance. I started using some SV products mid September and now have switched over exclusively. My skin is more comfortable and I suspect because SV product line is primarily vegan. Skin comfort being the final judge. Saponificio Varesino will keep me happy.

I used hot water for the bloom and used hot water to dip tips. The lather was best I ever had. I adjusted the lather to be a little heavier or thicker for the head shave. The little bit of hot water I used in the shave for tip dips had a negligible effect on my cold water shave. I love this lather. This five day growth was more comfortable for my ATG Single Pass Shave. Better than the four day which required more buffing to get to my BBS. I am looking forward to the six day. I believe the extra whisker length will be perfect, for my shave. Great comfort for this face and head shave. The Halloween 🎃 shave will be another treat.

Happy Shaves Gents

Top Bottom