What's new

OCtober 2021

3803DD91-C17B-4F6A-9120-20BE263AE37F.jpeg
OCtober 17

7th straight day using the Gillette NEW Short Comb. Still performs great. Sort of sad to put it down, but I mentally committed to 2 vintage and 2 modern open combs so it’s on to the SLOC tomorrow.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
8092F089-8D8F-49F6-B705-8A63EB9A5AC7.jpeg

Gillette Senator
Omega Proraso Pro
Proraso Vetiver and Cypress
Stirling Glastonbury

Another rough shave; haven’t tamed the Senator yet. I’m thinking I should shelve it for a week or so before giving it another go. But the Vetiver blast was nice.

Another great shave with the Gillette NEW long comb today, even with Barbasol (lazy sunday).

I purchased an old "Fold-A-Brush" travel kit from 1931 a while back for cheap (was very incomplete) and it wasn't advertised to have any sort of razor head inside, but to great surprise it had the Gillette NEW head included. I will never use the actual brush that's in the kit in order to preserve it but I've used the container for travel as it holds a tech head and handle perfectly, plus a tuck of blades. Was such a cool find and a great razor to boot. The base plate and the kit cleaned up very well but the head looks like it went through a trash compactor twice. Pairs well with my Fat Handle.

10 17.jpg

Last edited:

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
A late'ish OCtober 16th shave. Another Triple -- a Burham, a L'Essor and an Autostrop (I think VB1, I'm too lazy to go back and verify on this excellent thread: Autostrop/Valet Razors: A Typology )

The theme of this is: great engineering....simplicity to complexity. The first pass was the Burham, which is just a simple slide of the GEM blade with a friction hold. The L'Essor took the second pass with its innovative way of securing the blade (the bottom turns and tightens the back clip perfectly). The third pass was the Autostrop....which takes mechanical advantage to a new level! 3 great passes and a perfect shave. B&M Hallows was lathered with the Yaqi Moka Synthetic.

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

OCtober Shave 16
Gillette 1906 Single Ring Old Type
Gillette Nacet (4)
Semogue beechwood handle boar brush
Soap Commander Integrity
Cold water to finish

Super close shave, but boy did this blade drag! It may be the lather but I may bin this blade. This razor and blade tugged a bit the last time. I usually get 6+ shaves from a blade and the rest of the razors seem to be doing well with their blades.

OCtober Mon 18
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor GEM Junior (Not sure if this qualify as an OC)
Blade GEM Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M TFMOM Balm
Missed using this excellent soap and wow!! The scent is stout and aromatic! The lather is rich creamy and slick...
With the matching aftershave balm...will last the day...niceeee!!!
Missed using this excellent razor too! Paired with a fresh new blade...wow...very smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Left with only 6 spare blades...hmmm
20211018_084527.jpg

OCtober Mon 18
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor GEM Junior (Not sure if this qualify as an OC)
Blade GEM Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M TFMOM Balm
Missed using this excellent soap and wow!! The scent is stout and aromatic! The lather is rich creamy and slick...
With the matching aftershave balm...will last the day...niceeee!!!
Missed using this excellent razor too! Paired with a fresh new blade...wow...very smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Left with only 6 spare blades...hmmm
View attachment 1347547
In my opinion it qualifies as an open comb. Against your face you’re feeling teeth, not a solid bar.

20211017_173517-01-01.jpeg

SOTD #254/2021
18-10-2021

>> SOCTOBER / OCtober <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura Taj
Soap: Proraso ~ Azur Lime SC
Razor: Yaqi Top Aggressive Double Open Comp Slant
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Proraso ~ Azur Lime EdC, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Aqua Creme.

The Yaqi slant DOC head is quite a ride. My 2 passes were very efficient, but the razor felt prone to biting out of nowhere during the passes. Fortunately, I was able to finish the shave with only a tiny nick. However, the result was flawless.

Happy shaves, y'all!

OCtober 18

Really a very late Sunday shave. Brain failure resulted in pulling down a dusty jar of Lucky Tiger Mollé Brushless Shave Cream for a quick shave.

Brass Micromatic Open Comb - great razor
Gem PTFE blade (5) - a blade at its best
Mollé - worse than I remembered
017309B6-6630-45C8-B0BC-3597DB9C2D28.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-Series (9)
Ω10048 boar brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: hot shower