Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20211015_090453.jpg

Last night, I had shave #32 with blade #2 of the vintage Polisilver Stainless Steel blades. Again, the blade was held in place with a Fatip Open Comb Piccolo in nickel. This was my fourth shave with a Fatip razor; I'm really loving it!

I used Tabac (tallow) shaving soap and made just about just as good a lather as I could with it. It was slick and cushiony.

Prior to the shave, I showered with cold water and also used cold water to soak my Semogue Owners Club cherry wood handle finest badger brush. Additionally, I drizzled a handful of drops of cold tap water on top of the soap.

After the puck absorbed the bloom water, I shook my brush to remove some water, and picked up the soap puck in my left hand. I began swirling my brush across the top of the soap for a minute before scooping up all the protolather left on the puck and transferring it to the shaving bowl. Next, I rinsed the remaining protolather off my fingers with some tap water and collected the soapy water in an empty yogurt cup. I then picked up my brush and began to stir it in the shaving bowl while gradually adding some of the soapy water to make my lather. When my lather looked shave-ready, I applied a little of the soapy water to my face by hand before each lather pass.

I did my usual two pass (WTG and ATG) shave and buffed my trouble areas. I wound up with a very smooth BBS shave.

I cleaned up my shave with my usual alum block pass before washing it off and applying aftershave splash (Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue) and aftershave balm (Nivea Men Sensitive Soothing Post Shave Balm). Because I over-buffed a bit, I wound up feeling just a hint of the alum sting. It was about a 2/10. Afterward, I also felt the small sting from the alcohol in the splash.

As I said before, I'm going to aim for shave #60 with this blade. If I can manage to continue making lathers like last night's, it's very possible.

All in all, I would give this shave a 98.5/100.

A8EB8EB4-519E-406E-AFD0-ACDF71049227.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-Series (7)
Ω10048 boar brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: hot shower
Pre-shave: refined shea butter
Lather: Stirling Naked and Smooth
Post-shave: alum block
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Post-shave: refined shea butter

Saturday 16th OCtober.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Palmolive
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: Gillette Old Type, Astra SP #3
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Couldn't choose between ancient or modern open comb, so tossed a coin and got the Old Type. Having reaccustomed myself to the small handle, it's a very agile razor, and easy to use S — N.

Didn't need to get a very good shave for Saturday, but I had plenty of time, and plenty of lather... :thumbup:

OCt 16 - late evening lux shave after a day of honest labor

>ABC double ring silver shell, plenty of brassing and tarnish for you patina fans
>Herbrand SR (Fremont, Ohio) for stubble reduction, a great American razor
>SOC in-your-face boar
>shower AND Col Conk mentholated Amber stick for copious prep
>Tabac shave lather
>Lucky Tiger AS&FT then Col Ichabod Conk Bay Rum AS Cologne
92AFF921-A9F7-461B-922C-D1383E86628C.jpeg

Excellent, relaxing, very close shave.

20211016_164251-01-01.jpeg
SOTD #253/2021
17-10-2021

>> SOCTOBER / OCtober <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band finest badger cherry wood.
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Scots Pine Sheep
Razor: Mühle R41 GS
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Schröder und Mann ~ Majestät AS, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Aqua Creme.

A splendid Sunday shave. 3 passes, no tough ups needed. After having applied the post shave products my skin feels calm, nourished and totally soft - like oil on glas. Uber bbs.

The combo of the Stirling's mutton tallow soap, the R41 and the Neutrogena cream is nothing but exceptional. I'm quite blown away...

Have a great Sunday!

My favorite from Gillette’s finest open combs. Mated with a Feather and the Taconic soap stick, it was an effortless Sunday morning shave. Couple sprays of Beloved Man, and time to get busy. Church & Football……

Great shaves to all.

Gillette RFB/Feather-Zenith 26mm 2 band Badger-Taconic Urban Woods soap-AllMan (Lidl) Fearless a/s splash- Amouage Beloved Man eau de Parfum

D6B02C06-8FB0-4400-9F85-368CB7DED686.jpeg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-Series (8)
Ω10048 boar brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: hot shower
Pre-shave: refined shea butter
Lather: Stirling Naked and Smooth
Post-shave: alum block