Schone razor w/ walnut wood handle
Lord Super Chrome blade (2)
Omega Jade premium boar brush
RR Santa Maria del Fiore shave soap
Dickinson's witch hazel + Pereja limon kolonya + tea tree oil
Prep aftershave balm unscented
RR Santa Maria del Fiore aftershave splash

Clean, close shave; DFS+

1927 Gillette Milady Decollete / Vintage Gillette Thin (1) / Cella / Clubman -- used my (26 mm?) AoS badger brush and quickly realized why I haven't used it in months: too soft and floppy. I've gravitated away from bowl lathering and badgers in favor of face lathering and brushes with more backbone (mostly boar). Maybe it will be more useful if and when I shave the moustache and goatee off as I'll have to cover more area, but right now it's just too large and floppy. The Milady (like most thick cap OTs) gave a nice smooth shave, but the stubby handle hampered shaving around the goatee--I simply couldn't see around my big ham hands to keep the lines crisp (like a travel tech). The Milady razor (46g) seems heavier than a travel tech, but I haven't found a weight for a standard travel tech, so can't confirm.
Lady Decollette Shave.jpg

OCtober 17 & 18 shaves:

Same exact technique, hardware, and software. Life s a little crazy right now, so I just used some solid performers and been looking for no drama, quick shaves.

Gillette New Short Comb/GSB
Omega 10104 Boar Brush
Cyril R Salter Sublime Citrus shaving cream
Thayers WH Aloe
Stirling Barbershop AS

Two WTG and an ATG for a DFS shave.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Gillette New Type SC
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (1)
Brush: Omega Evo
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: SV 70th Anniversary Special Edition (Splash)
010_20.jpg

My Old type won against the New Type LC for me over the past two weeks. It also won in the grudge match where Toby C so gracious and eloquent gloated about it. Today I used my Gillette New Type SC for the first time in a long while. I'm not a friend of gap, but my first shave equaled my New Old Type Single Ring. In the words of KeenDogg from the match:

The room is rife with trash talk!

The NEW will live to fight another day!!!

Hahaha
(quote)

This should be an interesting week for me with my New SC. It definitely scored points with me. It makes me wonder was Uncle Gillette drunk on the day he invented the New LC?

SV delivered in aces with all of its bells on. The splash has a very sophisticated scent profile. It's masculine and clean without being overstated. It is super slick. I need to use a lot less tomorrow. It left my skin a bit too oily for my liking.

I used my Evo expecting it to have a significantly better feel, and by it out performing my Simpson Trafalgar T3. My Simpson Trafalgar T3 feels exactly the same as my Omega Evo. I could tell them apart other than the T3 is a lot more brush. This is curious? I expected to be blown away upon using my Evo again. Instead it put things into perspective. If you're looking for a high end feeling synthetic, but you don't want to shell out the money for am Omega get the Simpsons. It's the same thing.

Oct 18th: OC Shave #13 of 13 for the month

R41 Clone / Rapira Plat Lux (New)
Dove +Men Pre-Shave
Stirling Electric Sheep / RR 26mm Monster
Mentholated Witch Hazel (Lightly scented w/Old Spice Oil)
Old Spice (Homebrew)

Results: WOW, what a shave, super close BBS in two passes, yet comfortable with this blade pairing.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, OCtober 18th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic OC, bumpless, Mfg 1930-32 this model,2nd Gen 1933-41, excellent mid range, some blade feel, works as good as the day it was made.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood, nice scent with good lather qualities, I load in my bowl and bring dryer lather to face and then add water as needed, it lathers in the bowl differently than most soaps I find.
Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel beard wipe down +Ogallala Bayrum with sandal wood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my MMOC + a coated Gem blade.
SOTD, Oct 18, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Monday October 18, 2021 (OCtober 7rg)
Razor: ATT S2
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: RazoRock Beehive synth
Soap: Yardley

I'm beginning to think that I use other razors not because I'm easily distracted (though I am!) but rather because none of them is as good for me as the S2. Saving one razor, which is only just as good -- the Merkur Super Slant. It's a dimensional thing; one hits the top on one criterion, the other hits the top on another criterion. Spending time with razors that really hit my sweet spot always makes me wonder why I mess around with others.

Hope springs eternal, as they say.

O.H.

Razor: Gem 1912 Damaskeene Open Comb
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Heather
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20211017_090018.jpg

OCtober 18.10.2021

OC – or a Hybrid, the cap is an open comb…

Yaqi (DOC) Slant w. SS handle

Voskhod (1)

Yaqi Cola, 22mm synthetic

Tabac stick

Pre:

Shower

Nivea Face Wash

Biocura Olive Glycerine soap

TFS Witch hazel.

Floïd, The genuine aftershave

Proraso Sensitive Aftershave balm

My second use of this rather intimidating razor.

Four-days' growth mowed down with a new Voskhod blade.

Nice, aggressive and very focused shave (BBS).

Oct. 18
Razor: NEW SC
Blade: Bic (3)
Soap: Em's Place glycerin bay rum
Brush: Semogue boar

You never know how much blade is left until the ATG pass. Today's the day my stubble tripped up the blade. I plowed through and got BBS pretty much everywhere, but not without getting a few dots of blood.

Fifth shave of the month, looks like I'm going for multi-day stubble for all shaves this month, hehe. The fun of a new baby in the house!
First time trying a Gillette Platinum (dark blue) in my Tradere OC and the results are quite promising! Very smooth, very effective. Looking forward to getting to know these blades.
Razor: 1st gen Tradere OC
Blade: Gillette Platinum dark blue (1)
Brush: Wee Scot
Soap: Tabac

Top Bottom