What's new

October 2016 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally arrived TODAY! Oh yeah, and the RX came too. ;-)

View attachment 695435

@samlark thanks for posting your pic. I been a big fan of the old Hess 1010 (got a total of four and modded three of them). Was sad to see them out of production and happy to see it come back as the 2020 which appears to be better built.

Can't wait to do a comparison between my Hawk and RX.

Excellent! Which to use first?

Had to post this up. Got an order in from Italian Barber. Ordered the 37 slant and a tub of P.160. Used Newbie in the notes for a free tech2. The quality on these razors is absolute top notch, handles are nice and heavy, and it is surprising how grippy the smooth tech handle feels. I can't find a blemish anywhere on either razor, and a tuck of derbys in with each.
View attachment 695621

Couple more coins flew out of the pocket book. :tongue_sm

$IMG_1957.jpg

Had to post this up. Got an order in from Italian Barber. Ordered the 37 slant and a tub of P.160. Used Newbie in the notes for a free tech2. The quality on these razors is absolute top notch, handles are nice and heavy, and it is surprising how grippy the smooth tech handle feels. I can't find a blemish anywhere on either razor, and a tuck of derbys in with each.
View attachment 695621

How does the razorock slant compare to the merkur barberpole slant?

View attachment 695621

Quite nice, especially the freebie!

Last edited:
The youngest boy turns 15 in June and is already talking about the fact that this will be the birthday that he gets all of his shaving stuff. His brother received a wet shaving "starter pack" when he turned 15 so he's making the assumption he will as well. It's a correct assumption. Because he's excited, I have become excited as well and started buying equipment again because I began looking for stuff for him. Well his brother received a Merkur Progress, so he'll receive a Merkur Futur:
$FullSizeRender.jpg
Got it for $60ish lightly used on eBay. He'll also receive this Virginia Sheng 26mm Finest Badger:
$IMG_2332.jpg

Also procuring more blades, soaps, creams, a bowl or mug, and probably a splash or 2 for him.

I also bought a few other things:
$IMG_2326.jpg

and

$IMG_2327 2.jpg

and finally these little guys:

$IMG_2329.jpg

Not really even sure what those little "razorettes" are for but they are little razors and I won the auction. I also have a G-2 Fatboy arriving today that I probably paid too much for but that tends to happen to me. Hope all is well

My Hawaiian hardwood handle collection continues to grow.

$DSC01209.jpg

Left is Toon (which is a red cedar originally from Australlia) and the other two darker ones are Sugi (which is a black pine originally from Japan).

The youngest boy turns 15 in June and is already talking about the fact that this will be the birthday that he gets all of his shaving stuff. His brother received a wet shaving "starter pack" when he turned 15 so he's making the assumption he will as well. It's a correct assumption. Because he's excited, I have become excited as well and started buying equipment again because I began looking for stuff for him. Well his brother received a Merkur Progress, so he'll receive a Merkur Futur:
View attachment 697118
Got it for $60ish lightly used on eBay. He'll also receive this Virginia Sheng 26mm Finest Badger:
View attachment 697125

Also procuring more blades, soaps, creams, a bowl or mug, and probably a splash or 2 for him.

I also bought a few other things:
View attachment 697119

and

View attachment 697120

and finally these little guys:

View attachment 697121

Not really even sure what those little "razorettes" are for but they are little razors and I won the auction. I also have a G-2 Fatboy arriving today that I probably paid too much for but that tends to happen to me. Hope all is well

That's some "starter pack" for your son. Pretty nice items for yourself. Congrats.

Great day today... my first vintage "in the wild" find. Went looking around an antique store today and snatched up a Ball End Tech for $5 and a Straight for $15. Both in decent shape... Now to the Straight... does anyone know anything about it?? Started looking on the web.... :blink:

Here are the Beauts:

$1022161750a~2.jpg$1022161751~2.jpg$1022161751a~2.jpg$1022161752.jpg$1022161752a.jpg

Great finds, JC!

Thanks Ron... the Tech is soaking in 90% alcohol right now.. that cleaned up real nice!!! Not a mark on it but some very minor chipping of the chrome on the handle. The straight... I have no clue what I'm looking at. I hope someone on the straight forum can help me. All solid though. Pretty stoked about both.:w00t:

Thanks Ron... the Tech is soaking in 90% alcohol right now.. that cleaned up real nice!!! Not a mark on it but some very minor chipping of the chrome on the handle. The straight... I have no clue what I'm looking at. I hope someone on the straight forum can help me. All solid though. Pretty stoked about both.:w00t:

Stoked you should be, JC. I'm sure you'll like the Tech. All of mine shave well though they are mild.

$SDC11654.JPG

This was just delivered to my door. It's an H&B Replaceable Blade Razor that uses injector blades, mini hair-shaper blades, DE half blades, and Feather Artist Club blades! I installed a Feather Super Professional blade for the picture. I can't wait to try it out!

-- Sammy

I don't have photos yet, but it's been a busy month. I replaced the Star razor I dropped and broke, I picked up a Bostonian and an Ikon x3 slant. I also picked up a bottle of Faberge Woodhue for Men (I want to see what all the hype was about). I'm looking into a few other pieces, but I think I'm done until after Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom