What's new

Octabacer

What have Tabac users' experiences been with the Tabac aftershave? Has anyone tried the aftershave balm? I normally prefer balms to splashes, but I like my aftershave's scent to be very light. I don't wear cologne, and don't want my aftershave's scent to be noticed by anyone but me.

Is the combination of the shaving soap and the aftershave a little TOO much tabac if you like (but don't love) the scent?

If you can't tell, I'm debating whether to pick up one of the Tabac aftershaves as part of Tabactoberfest.

The aftershave really does not smell much like the soap.

I heart about Tabactoberfest on another thread somewhere... I can't remember, but allow me to say I'm in again on this one. Wheeee!

The aftershave really does not smell much like the soap.

Does the aftershave scent compare to anything else out there? What do you think of the AS? Do you use it? Which version of the aftershave do you prefer? For comparison, my favorite aftershaves at the moment are TSD iced peppermint and Proraso AS balm.

Does the aftershave scent compare to anything else out there? What do you think of the AS? Do you use it? Which version of the aftershave do you prefer? For comparison, my favorite aftershaves at the moment are TSD iced peppermint and Proraso AS balm.

I have not used either TSD or Proraso aftershaves. Tabac AS smells similar to the soap, but not much. It reminds me somewhat of Old Spice, but again, is different. I really cannot compare it to anything I have because all of my aftershaves smell different.

I have not used either TSD or Proraso aftershaves. Tabac AS smells similar to the soap, but not much. It reminds me somewhat of Old Spice, but again, is different. I really cannot compare it to anything I have because all of my aftershaves smell different.

Like old Old Spice or new Old Spice?

I just got mine. I'll go with the festivities.

I have to also go with the no bad roger moore movies... with the caveat that at least it wasn't Timothy Dalton.

Legion

Staff member
I received my first puck of Tabac in the mail yesterday and just tried it out, not five minutes ago.

Wow, you guys who said it lathers well were not kidding! Very, VERY nice shave! I have been using MWF for the last month and I really like it but the Tabac lathered rings around it, at least with the water that comes out of my tap.

The guys who said they weren't too sure about the smell... I kind of have to agree with you too. To me it smells a bit... old lady. :rolleyes: I think it might be because it reminds me of the smell of the type of hand soap my grandmother used to have in her house when I was a kid.

That said, I am going to try and get past that. The stuff WORKS. I think I may be in for Octabacer.

I just got mine. I'll go with the festivities.

I have to also go with the no bad roger moore movies... with the caveat that at least it wasn't Timothy Dalton.

So sue me, I hate Roger Moore's Bond. He's easily was the worst of the Bonds, in my honest opinion. Of course, your mileage may vary and all that jazz. :wink:

In other news:
:w00t: One More Week Until The Start of Tabactoberfest!!! :w00t:

Tabac newbie here, I have never used the soap but plan to start on Oct 1. Though it may be too hard to give up all others for a whole month.

Bless me Tabac, for I have sinned. :a35:
It has been more than 30 days since I used Tabac.
I have sinned against Tabac in the following way.

To cleanse myself in preparation for Tabactober I promised to refrain from lathering Maurer and Wirtz soap until the feast of Tabactober began on October 1st. I remained faithful to this pledge since the day I made it. But last night covetous thoughts flooded my mind. I dreamt I was lathering Tabac and Irisch Moos. This morning I could not resist, I removed the bowl containing my milled Irisch Moos from the cabinet and I lathered it with my new brush. The lather was rich and creamy...not like the glcerin-based soaps I had be forced to sustain myself with during these past few weeks. I wept as the brush swirled on my face and generated copious amounts of deliciously thick, creamy, and slick lather. I knew it was wrong but I could not stop. Even now tears stream down my BBS cheeks.

As penance I promise not to faceturbate today....okay maybe a little....Ah, who am I kidding, I can't stop myself. :001_tt2:

Bless me Tabac, for I have sinned. :a35:
It has been more than 30 days since I used Tabac.
I have sinned against Tabac in the following way.

To cleanse myself in preparation for Tabactober I promised to refrain from lathering Maurer and Wirtz soap until the feast of Tabactober began on October 1st. I remained faithful to this pledge since the day I made it. But last night covetous thoughts flooded my mind. I dreamt I was lathering Tabac and Irisch Moos. This morning I could not resist, I removed the bowl containing my milled Irisch Moos from the cabinet and I lathered it with my new brush. The lather was rich and creamy...not like the glcerin-based soaps I had be forced to sustain myself with during these past few weeks. I wept as the brush swirled on my face and generated copious amounts of deliciously thick, creamy, and slick lather. I knew it was wrong but I could not stop. Even now tears stream down my BBS cheeks.

As penance I promise not to faceturbate today....okay maybe a little....Ah, who am I kidding, I can't stop myself. :001_tt2:

With actions like that, you'll have to endure glycerin soaps and razor burn from cartridges for all eternity.:001_tt2:

Top Bottom