What's new

Octabacer

Would anyone care to join me for a month of Tabac? You can use either the puck or the stick. I realize this is a month in advance, but a month should give everyone ample time to order all the stuff they need.

October is a very German month. Oktoberfest runs from the end of September to the beginning of October. October 3 is German unity day (it is only celebrated in Germany. October 6 is German-American Day.

So, who is with me? You have one month to get all of your supplies. If possible, use as many Tabac products as possible. Just make sure you at least use either the puck or stick.

FragranceX sells the refill puck for $10.99, the bowl for $13.99, and other Tabac products for various prices. I believe those are the best prices, although Shaving Essentials and West Coast Shaving also sell the bowl and bowl and puck, respectively. If you live in Germany and have not found Tabac (for some obviously odd reason), Rossmann, Karstadt, and Kaufhof have it.

Ok, two people. C'mon! Tabac is such a good soap. The pucks are so thick you will probably not even use 10% of the puck.

I'm interested, but my hesitation is because I LIKE TABAC.

I am worried that if I use Tabac for 1 month, I will never want to see, smell, use, or hear about Tabac ever again. Familiarity breeds contempt.

I'd like to hear from the people who participated in Jularington. Ever want to see a puck of D.R. Harris Arlington ever again?

Now, if I am going to participate, I want to do it right. For me, that mean using both the soap and the aftershave balm. The balm seems hard to come by. Anyone know of a supplier who stocks the balm in the US?

I'm still on the fence. The good news is, I have the month of September to think about it. :biggrin:

i would liek to say i would but i am not thebiggest fan of tabac,

oh well,
i'm in, lol, i only shave every couple days anyways,

I'm interested, but my hesitation is because I LIKE TABAC.

No need to worry. I stayed in Germany for just under a month back in July. I used Tabac every day, except for three to five, and I still love it.

Oh wow, time has passed so quickly. It seems like only yesterday Doc4 was asking us all to partake in Tabacvember!

I think I'll be using it anyway, I got my first puck last week and haven't used anything since :lol:

Not too keen on the smell though.

Tabactober

Perfect! I'm not in but Tabactober is an improved version of this name for sure. :cool: I have too many great soaps to settle for just one for a month. GFT Limes is by far my favorite soap but I was burnt out after the Month of Soap (June).

I can only partially go in, I will be spending 2 weeks deer hunting in October and dont plan on shaving while gone...

I'd have an easier time shaving with Tabac for a month than not shaving for 2 weeks.

Hope you can hold out. So what set up will you use after a 2 week break?

I just on the heels of finishing a month long Tabac puck stint... I can not possibly do it again. At least not soon.

I don't even think I finished off 1/4th the thickness of the puck. This thing lasts!

I'm going to have to shampoo my boar brush... I don't want to smell the tabac scent until november! :lol:

Perfect! I'm not in but Tabactober is an improved version of this name for sure. :cool: I have too many great soaps to settle for just one for a month. GFT Limes is by far my favorite soap but I was burnt out after the Month of Soap (June).

The Great Soap Journey of June 2009 burned me out as well (GFT Coconut). Don't get me wrong; I love GFT Coconut, but I haven't used it again since. Maybe today would be a good day to slide it back into the rotation. :biggrin: I also have the extended line of Tabac products. Man, I would hate to end up burning out on Tabac! It's just too good! By the way, for those participating and needing to buy more than just the soap, Perfume Network has the best prices I've found ($15.50 for EdC, $14.24 for AS, $12.79 for Soap in Bowl).

We'll have to see. A lot of my stuff has been ignored recently, as I've been switching between Tabac, Proraso white, and SMN over the past month as I worked my way through the mammoth collection of after shave samples that I purchased from Superlather. I'm shaving with Tabac this week until the last of my Pitralon samples are gone. I might join you for the first week, regardless.

Top Bottom