What's new

Octabacer

I'm prepared for the Tabacernacle. I've had a really rough time whipping up a usable lather with Tabac the past few months after retiring my Tweezerman for a Kent BK4 and a Semogue 1305. I don't know why, but it became a pain to lather with these brushes. Recently I received a restored Kent butterscotch with a Golden Nib two-band finest knot and the thing just destroys that Tabac! I'm back to it, and oh, how I missed it! October is perfect timing to retire my warm weather setup of Godrej Menthol Mist and Speick AS for Tabac with Clubman AS.

A whole month....arggghhh....should we do it my Precious? But we loves our other soaps and creams.....gollum,gollum. Yes, but Tabac smells so good, and lathers so nicely! No, no, no....but masters been so good to us and takes care of us, and just bought a nice Rooney 3/1 to use with all of those Mama Bear soaps and SCS, TOBS, Speick, and Proraso!!!! Shuts up and leaves us alone and never come back again.....gollum, gollum!!!

Ok count me in!!!

A whole month....arggghhh....should we do it my Precious? But we loves our other soaps and creams.....gollum,gollum. Yes, but Tabac smells so good, and lathers so nicely! No, no, no....but masters been so good to us and takes care of us, and just bought a nice Rooney 3/1 to use with all of those Mama Bear soaps and SCS, TOBS, Speick, and Proraso!!!! Shuts up and leaves us alone and never come back again.....gollum, gollum!!!

Ok count me in!!!

hahaha nice!

+ 1 Cleveland!

Ok count me in!!!

Hey! We hasn't given permission for you to impersonate us! :eek::mad::tongue:

I'm still in but I don't get to use my badger brush with it. I'm sending it back to EJ to replace it, so I'm stuck using my backup brush, Body Shop synthetic. Amazingly this brush has been lathering up my other soaps just as well as my BBB did. so I'm sure when we finally hit october I will be pleasently surprised with the results I will get using this great soap, and 4 dollar brush...

I'm still in but I don't get to use my badger brush with it. I'm sending it back to EJ to replace it, so I'm stuck using my backup brush, Body Shop synthetic. Amazingly this brush has been lathering up my other soaps just as well as my BBB did. so I'm sure when we finally hit october I will be pleasently surprised with the results I will get using this great soap, and 4 dollar brush...

:eek: Did you have quality issues with your EJ brush? Which one was it exactly?? Ooohh... The bad point is I was slowly thinking of joining the movement and get me an EJ brush to celebrate!! :frown: Would there be rain on my parade...?? Please help/explain here.

Now, onto TABACTOBERFEST: I think I might join, but I'm gonna have to call for a "little backup":wink: to spice it up if I want to go for the whole month...
Besides, before I decide if I really join or not, I'll push the "HOLD" button on TABAC till the end of September. You know; just like some kind of pre-rehab...:biggrin:

C_J
...TABAContinued

:eek: Did you have quality issues with your EJ brush? Which one was it exactly?? Ooohh... The bad point is I was slowly thinking of joining the movement and get me an EJ brush to celebrate!! :frown: Would there be rain on my parade...?? Please help/explain here.

Now, onto TABACTOBERFEST: I think I might join, but I'm gonna have to call for a "little backup":wink: to spice it up if I want to go for the whole month...
Besides, before I decide if I really join or not, I'll push the "HOLD" button on TABAC till the end of September. You know; just like some kind of pre-rehab...:biggrin:

C_J
...TABAContinued

I'm sending you a PM, so as to not clog up this thread :)

I haven't stopped using Tabac, I've used it daily the last couple weeks I've had it so if I continue this way it should be an easy transition into Tabactoberfest :lol:

I picked up a 100+ml bottle of the EdC today. $30 ... so now I have both EdT and EdC.

Also got a C&E travel brush in Ivory, $28+tax.

I think I'll really kick off next month right and order in a new puck of Tabac soap, too.

I picked up a 100+ml bottle of the EdC today. $30 ... so now I have both EdT and EdC.

Also got a C&E travel brush in Ivory, $28+tax.

I think I'll really kick off next month right and order in a new puck of Tabac soap, too.

Now, THAT's gathering forces too...:biggrin:
See you next month!:wink:

C_J

I've never used the same product for two days in a row, let alone for a whole month but I've never had as good results from Tabac as from half a dozen other products, so what the heck, I'll give it a go.
Maybe a month of experimentation is what I need to find my Tabac sweet spot..?

I've never used the same product for two days in a row, let alone for a whole month but I've never had as good results from Tabac as from half a dozen other products, so what the heck, I'll give it a go.
Maybe a month of experimentation is what I need to find my Tabac sweet spot..?

If you need help with Tabac, there are many threads here about it.

This whole "not using Tabac for September" is really killing me. I miss it. I cannot wait for October.
+1

These are awfully long days. :mad3: I've already used up a bottle of after shave. Tabactober really is a perfect 'excuse' to buy another one.

What have Tabac users' experiences been with the Tabac aftershave? Has anyone tried the aftershave balm? I normally prefer balms to splashes, but I like my aftershave's scent to be very light. I don't wear cologne, and don't want my aftershave's scent to be noticed by anyone but me.

Is the combination of the shaving soap and the aftershave a little TOO much tabac if you like (but don't love) the scent?

If you can't tell, I'm debating whether to pick up one of the Tabac aftershaves as part of Tabactoberfest.

Top Bottom