What's new

Octabacer

Had my first tabac shave this morning. Quick 2 passer with my 39c sledgehammer slant. Blue bird blade. DFS. Finished it off with some aquavelva and a couple splashes of the tabac EDT.

I'm in!!! :biggrin: Better late than never right:confused1

I'm starting to prowl the net for other Tabac products but I have the soap and I 'm really curious to see just how much of a dent I can put in a puck of tabac in 1 month. :biggrin1:

While I did have a post in the SOTD on Tobactober 1st with some other soap, have no fear, that shave was from the previous night. No soap besides Tabac will meet my face for this month:thumbup:

...and so begins my first month with a single soap.

Cheers,
Mike

I'm in!!! :biggrin: Better late than never right:confused1

I'm starting to prowl the net for other Tabac products but I have the soap and I 'm really curious to see just how much of a dent I can put in a puck of tabac in 1 month. :biggrin1:

While I did have a post in the SOTD on Tobactober 1st with some other soap, have no fear, that shave was from the previous night. No soap besides Tabac will meet my face for this month:thumbup:

...and so begins my first month with a single soap.

Cheers,
Mike

Take a look at Perfume Network. They charge for shipping, but their prices are so low, the shipping included will still beat most if purchasing more than 1 item.

Thanks Tim! EdC and After shave splash on the way.

...and while I was at it I had to get another puck with the proper bowl this time. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Mike

HEy gents, just seeing whos still in this with me. Been having a month of fantasmic shaves. I've discovered that i can squeeze 7 comfortable +1 not so pleasant shaves out of a bic sensitive disposable using tabac. This was an awesome idea.

16 days of using Tabac soap and after shave only! I believe I can say this is the first time I have used only one soap/cream or only one AS for that many days in a row; even prior to DE’s, I would shift between my electric and the latest 10 blade monstrosity through the week and change AS’s and Colognes frequently.
After using Tabac for two weeks, my skin feels softer and more elastic. Using a DE had cleared up ingrown hairs and other issues that go with multi-blade razors a year's ago, but this is different. What I have learned, besides Tabac being great stuff, is to use a soap/cream for long enough to allow changes in my skin, and as with my shaving technique, slow down and find deeper meaning to my choices. Tabac will not be my “one and only” (I have 17 various soaps and creams in the den), But this adventure has been a good one so far.
What soap or cream will November bring?

Last edited:
I've been quiet, but I assure you I'm still in! been using tabac daily (well except for that one day I didn't shave) Over half way through, and feeling good!

Tried Tabac for the first time today, as you can tell by the number of my posts-I'm obviously no expert and have really only been doing this for a couple of weeks. This was the best shave I've had so far, and I'm still using my cartridge razor. Can't wait to give this a go once I've switched to a DE.

16 days of using Tabac soap and after shave only! I believe I can say this is the first time I have used only one soap/cream or only one AS for that many days in a row....

....After using Tabac for two weeks, my skin feels softer and more elastic. Using a DE had cleared up ingrown hairs and other issues that go with multi-blade razors a year's ago, but this is different. What I have learned, besides Tabac being great stuff, is to use a soap/cream for long enough to allow changes in my skin, and as with my shaving technique, slow down and find deeper meaning to my choices. Tabac will not be my “one and only” (I have 17 various soaps and creams in the den), But this adventure has been a good one so far.
What soap or cream will November bring?
amen.
Tried Tabac for the first time today, as you can tell by the number of my posts-I'm obviously no expert and have really only been doing this for a couple of weeks. This was the best shave I've had so far, and I'm still using my cartridge razor. Can't wait to give this a go once I've switched to a DE.
welcome to b&B!you've got yourself a winner of a soap, all the best in your wetshaving adventures.

I'm still in! Haven't shaved everyday but I have used Tabac for every shave :biggrin:

I switched from bowl lathering to face lathering part way through just to try that out and wow face lathering Tabac maybe even better than bowl lathering Tabac.

At this point I'm pretty sure if I left my badger brush and Tabac puck too close together over night there would be lather all over the bathroom in the morning :w00t:

I have been using a boar brush (omega professional) since the beginning of October with my puck of Tabac. This is my first time using a boar and wow does it work great with pucks of soap! Still resisting the temptation to try my TOBS avocado that sits in my den looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

one thing i've noticed, my ce bbb isnt stiff enough to produce a good lather...or maybee i just need a brush that retains more h20...experimenting.

proxy.php

Top Bottom