What's new

Occam's razor? ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

Fifteen minutes trying to load a blade and the best I can do, with or without the ridiculous tool, is to destroy the edge of the expensive blade by sliding it across the metal before it... no wait.. it DOESN'T snap in place! If you so much as LOOK at the blade, it falls OUT OF THE DAMN THING. God am I glad I didn't pay full price for such a worthless piece of junk. I can't believe they would even 'conceptualize' such a trash product and I'm ashamed for having fallen for the gimmick. I wouldn't give this razor as a gift to my worst enemy. My 4 year old is gonna have a new toy razor to play with because I can't even imagine it working properly as a paperweight. What a joke.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sorry. Didn't mean to make light of it. I hate it when a plan don't come together!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
The only thing that comes to mind after reading this review is: "Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

I haven't run into a razor that was THAT bad for me, and I surely hope I don't. Sorry to hear about your experience with it. I'm mostly a vintage guy, and not much on AC razors when I do go modern, so I can't commiserate or otherwise comment on the razor; but it always sucks when you run across something like that in life.

Meh.. I hit home runs this month with a Vector, a Sabre and a Hawk V3. All superb. I was just hoping to hit a grand slam. I'm over it.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Meh.. I hit home runs this month with a Vector, a Sabre and a Hawk V3. All superb. I was just hoping to hit a grand slam. I'm over it.
Glad to hear the Hawk V3 is a "home run" -- I said I wasn't into the AC blades, but I just picked up a Hawk V3 OC and some mild Titan blades, and I'll have my first ever AC shave coming up soon. I've heard very good things about the Hawk, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Takes me about 5 seconds to load a blade... tool is not needed. Got a great shave with it. Send it to me and I will send you 10 bucks so you you can take your 4 year old to Dairy Queen. No need to traumatize them by showing them that disturbing razor!

Glad to hear the Hawk V3 is a "home run" -- I said I wasn't into the AC blades, but I just picked up a Hawk V3 OC and some mild Titan blades, and I'll have my first ever AC shave coming up soon. I've heard very good things about the Hawk, so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I have that same setup and it's awesome. You won't be disappointed. If you like the blade feel and moderately aggressive razors. Which you probably do, since you shave with GEM and Autostrop razors.

Takes me about 5 seconds to load a blade... tool is not needed. Got a great shave with it. Send it to me and I will send you 10 bucks so you you can take your 4 year old to Dairy Queen. No need to traumatize them by showing them that disturbing razor!
I might take you up on that!

I think you're gonna enjoy it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Good man. Not surprised.

I don't currently own it anymore, but I had one and thought it was a good razor. The floating blade takes a little bit of getting used to but it delivers a really good result. Also, I never used the tool when loading a blade. It's easy enough to do my just sliding it in.

Top Bottom