What's new

November 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still out. Have a fantastic day my brothers!

Wednesday November 29, 2023
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts
Razor: Henson AL13 Medium
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

IMG_5876.jpg

Still Out: 29/30
Haven't used a Derby Premium for quite awhile. Was concerned it might not cut as smoothly as the Nacet I used. But it did quite well in the R41.

Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Derby Premium
Brush: Omega Hi-Brush synthetic
Scuttle: PAA Intergalactic
Soap: Hendrix Gunslinger
AS: Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood, Sir Henry's Sandalwood spash

Rules question. (@FoolishMortal, etc.) Trades are acceptable under GRUME. If I were looking for a specific razor, and someone wanted the razor I am trading but didn’t have the razor I want, is it acceptable for me to tell them where they could get that razor? (Assuming the person is not currently in GRUME.)
I'm assuming you mean that you would trade the razor to the person and they would procure a razor to send to you - right? I think that's fine...it's a bit like making a trade with the person/entity who does have the target item, you just have a middleman involved. Either way, you're giving up something to get something without spending (other than postage, which is fine).

1 day of growth

November: 13
2023 GRUYERE : 183

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Pre Shave : none
Soap (SOTM) : Nivea Protect and Care cream
Brush : Trafalgar T2
Aftershave: Osma Alum block , Brut splash on, Nivea sensitive balm

Finally remember why I put the brut away last year, drys my skin way too much.

Over than that the shave was fine

Shave #15
- Out -

• B&M Nordost in Omnibus - SOTM
  • Simpson's CH2 - Best
  • Muhle R89
  • Wizamet
  • Stirling’s Glacial Triumph Splash
Looking forward to December and a likely break from SOTM in favor of Hallows, Vespers, Taiga, Eigengrau and 1805 :001_wub:
I know what you mean. I took last month off. Using the same soap for a month somehow gives me satisfaction to see the tub or puck get smaller. But sometimes I need to switch it up every day or two.

Day 29, 96.7% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

Nearly done!

I wanted an autopilot shave, so went back to the Astra.

It reflects my experience every blade and razor can produce opposite results in every combination for each of us. Difficult to grasp, but I am certain there is a logical explaination.

There must also be batch variation. Production line QA is only going to reject items that fall outside of agreed and measurable upper and lower limits.

You could still get a "very good day", a "mediocre day", and a "nearly a reject day" product, and that surely includes packs of 100 blades.

Still in.

Staying with the SWS setup....

Soap: MdC - Vetiver
Brush: Omega 10066 Boar
Razor: Blackland Tradere SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)

Having very good experiences with this setup, with the exception of XTG under the lip and ATG under the chin - not smooth and comfortable for me, but not too bad either. BTW, Vetiver is not my favorite scent of the samples, but a good performer.

9.0/10

One more shave to go! Elated to make it through November GRUME (almost) after failing my first attempt last month. It has been truly enjoyable.

Still out!

Congrats to everyone who made it through this month full of temptations! You did way better than I did. Got alerted by an eBay alarm yesterday, which I had set back in 2022. We all know how this ended... I'll share more details once the parcel has arrived.

See You All on the other side 👍
#December GRUME

Cheers, Friends!

Top Bottom