What's new

Not much buyer's regret so far...

I dare to think. However, I do keep reassuring myself that after every time I buy a new razor I am passing it down to my son.

Whether he likes it or not.
Neither of my boys have any interest in 'our thing'. At nearly 25 and 23 they are stuck in the world of electrics even though they loved doing pretend shaving (make and paint on lather and shave it off with an empty razor) when they were kids. When they started to shave and saw those blades, they close to passed out. ;)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I don’t see how we can truly learn without making some mistakes along the way. No regrets here, although I do have a few questionable straight razor purchases. Live and learn.

You know, Eric, in my early years have no male adult advice on shaving save for a couple of thoughts my barber may have had, I wasted a lot of money on shaving gear that I had little understanding of and no one to show me how to use it. Mistakes are part of the game, especially like me where almost all purchases have to be bought online. That's why a check a site's return policy first before committing to a purchase. My biggest errors I decided with early single blade razors, like Schick and them getting into the marketing hype of carts and electric razors as well as canned foam products. I think it was the barber that suggest to stick with Gillette safety razors, get a soap like Williams and a mug and brush. It was so long ago, however, I not sure what I remember correctly save for being pretty sure I used a Flare tip SS for at least a couple years.

Shaving is so YMMV, one person's mistake is another persons find of a lifetime! Great way to try out blades!

I know how the OP feels. After 43 years using disposable cartridge razors, I made the switch to DE safety razors in Dec. 2020. Before the switch I wasn't really a big fan of shaving and would go long periods with a beard. Now however I enjoy shaving so much more using any of my vintage Gillette DE razors, brush and a proper shave soap like Proraso instead of the canned Barbasol I had been using. I have a couple of modern 3-piece razors that also get used and soon I will be entering the world of single edge razors.

As for Aqua Velva Musk... I love it! :001_tt1:

If you don't like something after a fair trial period, I just turn it on the BST. Sure, I lose a few bucks, but that's the prise of experimentation.

While I don't currently have anything I dislike, I do have things that I use very infrequently. I need to get another for sale post up in the BST pretty soon.

Regret? Only from buying off etsy! Seems the sellers only ship once a month if that? Still waiting on a brush and a razor, both purchased three weeks ago........

At least the razor guy messaged me and said 14 days to ship.......
The Brush lady----MIA??

With having 4 boys and a son in law, any shave stuff that don't work out for me fits in well with one of them! Love seeing them smile!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I sort of regret buying the Karve Overlander.... and getting it replated in 24K gold... My Blutt BR-1 with the .86 base plate gives me a very similar shave.

Neither of my boys have any interest in 'our thing'. At nearly 25 and 23 they are stuck in the world of electrics even though they loved doing pretend shaving (make and paint on lather and shave it off with an empty razor) when they were kids. When they started to shave and saw those blades, they close to passed out. ;)
I got behind on this thread, but in my 3D chess way of thinking, if I had boys I would encourage them to use electrics as soon as they hit puberty just like I did. Heresy you say? This is the 3D chess part, by the time the electric starts causing enough irritation for them to start searching for a solution, they will be old enough to have skipped carts(like me). Check mate!

• Haha
Reactions: CCS
I don’t see how we can truly learn without making some mistakes along the way. No regrets here, although I do have a few questionable straight razor purchases. Live and learn.

Yep, even the ones that don't work out are part of the process of ariving at what really ticks all the boxes. Life is too short to regret shaving purchases! :p

Top Bottom