What's new

Splashes your wife or significant other dislikes?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
So far, I have 3 that have been banned from my den.

The Veg: She can't stand it.

Aqua Velva Musk: It gives her a headache.

Clubman Gent's Gin: She liked this one at first, but it fell out of favor with her over time. Not sure if this plays a part, but she no longer liked this one after recovering from Covid for the second time.

How about you, gentlemen?

:)

My wife is ok with the horrible cheap ones like Lilac Vegetal. In fact she tends to like them better than most expensive fragrances. The worst for her is anything woody and strong because it causes her nose to block and she can’t breathe, so then I have to sleep in another room.

Gaultier Le Male Le Parfum nearly killed her (and several of my neighbours), even with just the tiniest half-spray. It was three more days of continuous washing before I was allowed into the bedroom again. That’s some egregious stuff and it never goes away. Very nice bottle, though.

95C44320-DCF8-4C97-BEF3-67DA133DE69E.jpeg

The only scent my wife has actually enthused over is Boellis Panama 1924. No idea why, though it’s pleasant. She also likes Acqua di Parma Colonia, as you would expect for the best scent ever devised by man or god.

Same. Mine is also blessed with an extremely sensitive nose. I'm a chronic under sprayer but she can still smell what I wore at the end of the day. With some colognes with longevity (Abel), I have to shower before bed!
I think you got it worse than me, then. I go to work a little later than she does, so use whatever I want. We rarely have time to interact closely after work due to kids, animals, cooking, etc. and by the time we head to bed, I guess my scent is mostly gone by then.

All I use are aftershave splashes, and not every day, so they don't have much staying power as it is. Which is a plus in this scenario, I guess. ;)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My wife is not much of a Bay Rum fan...but, certain takes on Bay Rum she's ok with. The more traditional tried and true Bay Rum scents, she dislikes...Bay Rums like Captain's Choice, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Fine, Thor's Hammer. She likes Colonel Conk Bay Rum, PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum, PAA Clasico Bay Rum, Ogallala Bay Rum, Bootlegger's Bay Rum.

I am blessed, or lucky. So far the Missus has liked every splash I have tried. She is a bit uncertain of Ghost-town Barber but doesn't DISLIKE it.

She does question why I have started using scented aftershaves tho. When we met 14 years ago I had been using unscented or basically scent free balms only...with a very occasional Old Spice application. Then I found this site and now have a selection of scents.

Be well
Jay

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
When I first started shopping for cologne (don't use splashes) I would get tons of 1m (I seem to remember) samples for pretty cheap money. I would drive her a little crazy asking her opinion day after day, but there were quite a few she rejected with enthusiasm. I don't imagine they have samples for AS, but it sure was nice to know what not to buy before I spent money on a full bottle. I found a few I couldn't stand either.

Top Bottom