What's new

No mention November?

I am using coconut oil and AOS sandalwood pre-shave oil to keep things moisturized and smelling nice. I find that if I massage the coconut oil into the beard and then the sandalwood AOS on top (just the beard hair and massage in. BTW I am using the coconut oil on my whole face :) so far so good...
Thanks I'll put it on my face before sleep.
I have all natural lavander melem (balm I think is said outside slavic world). It's made from macerat of contitnetal lavander and be wax and smells great, actually that's the only thing I use as AS. I'll try your method first coconut oil than lavander melem

I work in industrial maintenance and recently in a construction zone for a new edition to our plant around construction contractors.

Starting to fit in with those guys. They refer to Novembeard as "Amateur Month". :lol:
Don't fortget to wear denim jacket and jeans :lol: .

Thanks I'll put it on my face before sleep.
I have all natural lavander melem (balm I think is said outside slavic world). It's made from macerat of contitnetal lavander and be wax and smells great, actually that's the only thing I use as AS. I'll try your method first coconut oil than lavander melem

Don't fortget to wear denim jacket and jeans :lol: .

The Canadian tuxedo isn't too common here. At least not since the 90s.

The Canadian tuxedo isn't too common here. At least not since the 90s.

That's what happens when croatia laggs 20 years in styles (it was actually common myth that eastern yurope laggs 10 years after everyone, 70's came in 80's ect.). We have popular TV series going on, I think it's second season on TV already, called Crno-bijeli svijet in translation basically black-white world (named after this song- you won't understand a thing but one of the most popular bends in ex-yu countries), so story of the series is settled in Zagreb in the 80's (still yugoslavia, great rock era ect ect,) and production and acting are alright but they've put a movie on a tv in one of the episodes and it was from the 90's :lol::001_rolle
First time hearing term canadian tuxedo? Is that USA's "intern" joke?

Sorry for my english it's almost 1:20 AM and I can't thank good anymore

That's what happens when croatia laggs 20 years in styles (it was actually common myth that eastern yurope laggs 10 years after everyone, 70's came in 80's ect.). We have popular TV series going on, I think it's second season on TV already, called Crno-bijeli svijet in translation basically black-white world (named after this song- you won't understand a thing but one of the most popular bends in ex-yu countries), so story of the series is settled in Zagreb in the 80's (still yugoslavia, great rock era ect ect,) and production and acting are alright but they've put a movie on a tv in one of the episodes and it was from the 90's :lol::001_rolle
First time hearing term canadian tuxedo? Is that USA's "intern" joke?

Sorry for my english it's almost 1:20 AM and I can't thank good anymore

The first I'm aware the term was used was from a movie called "Super Troopers". It may have been around before that though.

The first I'm aware the term was used was from a movie called "Super Troopers". It may have been around before that though.

I've never watched the movie, but thank you for clearing up

One tip that might help you, so today I trimmed my beard with guard #1 (3mm or 1/8 inches) with hair clippers and finally that thing I call beard does not itch. I think problem could be in a way the razor cuts the beard. I know I usually trim my beard with no guard but I forgot to do that. Itching has finally stopped since I did that.

It's always ymmw, I was yestreday so close to take a razor how bad it was itchining me, and today after trimming nothing, except from different much softer feeling under the fingers.

Do you guys have less denser area? I though my cheeks would be problem but actually they have slower growth and started fulling very nicely.
Good thing about this not shaving period is recheking growth pattern, Now I see I have areas that I've shaved in a wrong direction.

Last edited:
My whiskers are about 3mm long or so now at one week. No itching problems yet.

Me too... all good so far. Shaving the neck when tiered almost resulted in my typical routine... that would have been the end of that beard. :blush: Caught myself just in time.

3mm... why do I have a picture in my head with you with a set of calipers :lol:

Last night I was cleaning neckline and had whole face lathered again for exfoliation/moisturize. Switched to a Gillette NEW LC for touch up work and found the cap was great at pushing lather from beard to the spots I was shaving rather than re-lathering a small area for ATG.

While doing that on neck I got the angle a little too close and took a chunk of hair off my neck line. It was really tempting to just shave it all off but now the neck line is higher than I usually keep it.

Last night I was cleaning neckline and had whole face lathered again for exfoliation/moisturize. Switched to a Gillette NEW LC for touch up work and found the cap was great at pushing lather from beard to the spots I was shaving rather than re-lathering a small area for ATG.

While doing that on neck I got the angle a little too close and took a chunk of hair off my neck line. It was really tempting to just shave it all off but now the neck line is higher than I usually keep it.

same mistake

Really starting to get the urge to shave. It seems to grow faster than it used to. Also doesn't help that now I have to wear a beard net at work which is quite the annoying apparatus.

Really starting to get the urge to shave. It seems to grow faster than it used to. Also doesn't help that now I have to wear a beard net at work which is quite the annoying apparatus.

Is it wrong that I want to see a picture of that?[emoji23]

Is it wrong that I want to see a picture of that?[emoji23]

++1 haha. That would make a fantastic picture. Also, great work to all!! we've stood strong together. For me, I'm on day 13 ( last shave was 10/27/16, someone check my math, lol) and the itch had been insatiable the past couple days. Yes I know, cheater cheater, razor eater, but I thought the best way for me to put down the SRs was to go cold turkey after a good shave instead of planning the last day like a middle school fight, lol. Also, i've done a lot of research and decided that I will be waiting 4 months to shave (or attempting to). I've never grown a beard before and have been told (through youtube research) that you do not truly know what your beard is capable of until 4 months. If it still looks crappy by then, then you have a crappy beard flat out. But I've bought a brush, comb, a few beard oils and balms and am going to try to make this the best beard I can by the end of 4 months. I'm keeping it healthy and feeding it like a pure county fair prize pig (with vitamins and good diet).
For those of you itching, good news, my research shows that itch goes away after the first couple weeks or so, its just that initial growth surge that is the "big itch". So you guys are almost though the worst! Grit those teeth and use beard (or castor/preshave oil) for the itch. A couple finger tips is all you need.It really helps to keep your skin under healthy and hair softer which helps with the itch until it passes that awkward length that is perfect for full face itching.

Ask and ye shall receive.
$20161108_180614.jpg

YES! For the win lol! Can't believe they have such beard phobia you would think at least another week before they called the beard police... :)

Food manufacturing plant. All you see is GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices). The hard hat (due to being in maintenance). Safety glasses, ear plugs, and hair/beard net. The helmet light is just personal preference.:laugh:

Though it becomes quite a cluster to have on and around your face for 12 hours a day. The beard net kind of exacerbates everything as it gets tangled with ear plugs and gets stuck on hard hat.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Aw yeah! You the man! If you ask me you look more like a miner than fooder. But NTL you are owning it. Kudos to you! I want to join in on the fun of progress posting as well. Hopefully your picture and mine will open a can of worms for progress posts. It is nearing the halfway mark anyway, so it would be nice to see how awkward or not everyone looks that has earned it through the itching so far. Alright guys, as I said earlier, I did cheat, but it was because If I didn't stop shaving cold turkey, it would have been harder to. So I'm 13 in no shaving in this picture since to day is the 9th. Just took this picture in the school library. And Here goes, everyone post your well deserved progress pictures!!:thumbup: FYI - To see my day one check the very first post in the discussion. I posted the picture with it.
$2weeks.jpg

Aw yeah! You the man! If you ask me you look more like a miner than fooder. But NTL you are owning it. Kudos to you! I want to join in on the fun of progress posting as well. Hopefully your picture and mine will open a can of worms for progress posts. It is nearing the halfway mark anyway, so it would be nice to see how awkward or not everyone looks that has earned it through the itching so far. Alright guys, as I said earlier, I did cheat, but it was because If I didn't stop shaving cold turkey, it would have been harder to. So I'm 13 in no shaving in this picture since to day is the 9th. Just took this picture in the school library. And Here goes, everyone post your well deserved progress pictures!!:thumbup: FYI - To see my day one check the very first post in the discussion. I posted the picture with it.
View attachment 701481

If you've been wanting your pictures to post correctly you can often upload directly without editing if you turn your camera sideways, front or back. I think it has to do with memory. Vertical pics actually take up more space.

YES! For the win lol! Can't believe they have such beard phobia you would think at least another week before they called the beard police... :)

Oh and I've heard if you can grab your stubble with your fingers you're required to wear a beard net. I need to wear one as early as day 3.

View attachment 701481

Ok you asked for it lol! Here is a pic one week growth this was taken 11/8:

proxy.php

Top Bottom