What's new

No mention November?

Do you perhaps know is guard #4 good lenght for beard? I'm thinking of buzzing my hair to #1 and beard on #4.

You certainly could. I wont be anywhere close to a 4 guard in a month or 6 weeks. Whenever I shave again. I was just going no guard to trim back down to about a 4 or 5 day growth .

You certainly could. I wont be anywhere close to a 4 guard in a month or 6 weeks. Whenever I shave again. I was just going no guard to trim back down to about a 4 or 5 day growth .

I do not expect it to be, but if I like it why not, I would still have to shave my neck.

Stupid question- after three days of "let it grow" I am going to have to define the bottom of my beard and shave my neck. Is there any guideline as to location or just guess? The stubble is thick and extends down past my Adam's apple- don't want a beard that big...

Stupid question- after three days of "let it grow" I am going to have to define the bottom of my beard and shave my neck. Is there any guideline as to location or just guess? The stubble is thick and extends down past my Adam's apple- don't want a beard that big...

my father has a beard and he did not shave for 30+ years after he was over with mandatory army service. He just trims beard in line with adam's apple and has that little set so his staches can look decent, and that's his "maintaining". He explained that if you cut too high your beard loses fullness

I've seen guys trim all the way up to jaw line and some that go full mountain man. I take off about an inch to make a straight line around neck and clean stray hairs off upper cheeks.

I'm suffering!!!! I want to shave soooo bad :tongue_sm

Think I'll at least clean up a bit around the lower neck. Chewbacca is just not working for me... besides I do have to look a little neat for work (bad excuse:laugh:... nobody really cares this month... the whole management team incl. the plant manager is stubbly. But I need my Aroma Therapy... lol. Getting some withdrawal symptoms.... after only THREE days. This is going to be a long month...

I'm suffering!!!! I want to shave soooo bad :tongue_sm

Think I'll at least clean up a bit around the lower neck. Chewbacca is just not working for me... besides I do have to look a little neat for work (bad excuse:laugh:... nobody really cares this month... the whole management team incl. the plant manager is stubbly. But I need my Aroma Therapy... lol. Getting some withdrawal symptoms.... after only THREE days. This is going to be a long month...

I just lined up the neck line and cheeks. Didn't get too fancy just a GEM junior, Tabac and Omega 10083. Splashed on some AS though I didn't need it, just wanted to enjoy the scent.

I just lined up the neck line and cheeks. Didn't get too fancy just a GEM junior, Tabac and Omega 10083. Splashed on some AS though I didn't need it, just wanted to enjoy the scent.

I did the same...
Van Der Weishi
Gillette Nacet (3)
MERshaving Custom Badger
Proraso Blue
Maggard London Barbershop

It was so nice... the scent, the feel. Weird how that just makes my evening complete...:blush:

I did the same...
Van Der Weishi
Gillette Nacet (3)
MERshaving Custom Badger
Proraso Blue
Maggard London Barbershop

It was so nice... the scent, the feel. Weird how that just makes my evening complete...:blush:

I went ahead and lathered whole face with the Tabac. Plenty of lather and skin feels great. Went with Pinaud Clubman for the splash.

lol I think we are all feeling it I broke out the Weck Prep and some Palmolive to define the neckline- couldn't stand it below the 'ok collar line :)

Took everything I had not to shave the whole face!

lol I think we are all feeling it I broke out the Weck Prep and some Palmolive to define the neckline- couldn't stand it below the 'ok collar line :)

Took everything I had not to shave the whole face!

That was really hard... I had to concentrate to stay within the boundaries... lol

Shave addicts.... :laugh:

Guys we have entered week #2, at least we in central european time have
I need help, beard started itching like hell today, what to do?
I have 1 kilo of coconut oil, I've read CO can be used instead of beard oil? :blink:

Guys we have entered week #2, at least we in central european time have
I need help, beard started itching like hell today, what to do?
I have 1 kilo of coconut oil, I've read CO can be used instead of beard oil? :blink:

I am using coconut oil and AOS sandalwood pre-shave oil to keep things moisturized and smelling nice. I find that if I massage the coconut oil into the beard and then the sandalwood AOS on top (just the beard hair and massage in. BTW I am using the coconut oil on my whole face :) so far so good...

May post a picture tomorrow night when I hit one week. Just been using conditioner on my face and lathering my whole face when cleaning neckline. But I usually don't start itching until week 3.

[MENTION=111680]Wiwicks[/MENTION] how has your progress been?

I work in industrial maintenance and recently in a construction zone for a new edition to our plant around construction contractors.

Starting to fit in with those guys. They refer to Novembeard as "Amateur Month". :lol:

Top Bottom