What's new

No mention November?

Allright so I have to call the courthouse again tomorrow to see if my group number is called. Whatever they can handle a little stubble I doubt most guys that don't worry about shaving anywhere else is going to start for that.

So if I won't be shaving for a month I wanted my last one to be good.

Razor: Wade & Butcher Extra Hollow Ground. Tip of the hat to OPs W&B being restored
Strop: Tony Miller "Plain Chocolate" 2.5" cotton and horsehide
Brush: Envy White 24mm fan in a stainless handle I turned.
Soap: AoS sandalwood tallow
AS: Proraso red sandalwood.
*My W&B needs touched up so I switched to my new CVH MK No.12 and had a great shave.*

$20161031_193224.jpg

Last edited:
@Wiwicks Ok I'm officially joining in the Novembeard celebration. Here's my pic just post shave.

full
&original=1?cache=1477969122[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
@TexLaw come to the dark side
+1 [MENTION=111121]Sdm84[/MENTION] - I'm just doing a before and after, we all know the process of growing is ugly, which is why this is such a task lol. And yes, please share any tips you pick up along the way for keeping your skin under and beard healthy. That will make it easier to endure. [MENTION=105935]Quink[/MENTION] - I did get the W&B rescaled. The guy that did the restore made custom fit, blonde marble buffalo horn scales for it. I can't wait to see it. I'll probably end up shaving my chest with it just to use it :lol:

[MENTION=110569]Catalinbread[/MENTION] - There we go! That is a gorgeous setup (the shave gear :w00t:) that you posted, thanks for sharing. And you turned that handle yourself? What's it made out of? If you ever get bored and have spare metal, I sure wouldn't mind buying one off of you. Did you do the knot and set it yourself as well?

[MENTION=110569]Catalinbread[/MENTION] - There we go! That is a gorgeous setup (the shave gear :w00t:) that you posted, thanks for sharing. And you turned that handle yourself? What's it made out of? If you ever get bored and have spare metal, I sure wouldn't mind buying one off of you. Did you do the knot and set it yourself as well?

It's an all stainless steel handle. I bored as much material out of the base as I could to reduce weight but it's still heavy. I made one for my dad as well out of aluminum.

I bought the knot on etsy from nathan Clark and set it myself.

Last shave... Yesterday. Very enjoyable and DFS++ level. Nice:thumbup1:

View attachment 699619

Gillette Contract Tech
Gillette Nacet (2)
Stirling 26mm Finest
Stirling Hot Apple Cider
Witchhazel/ Sir Irisch Moos AS

I'll see about a start picture tonight... Right now I'm still undercaffinated and grumpy :laugh:

[MENTION=93450]Zach[/MENTION] - Oh ok, that makes much more sense. I thought you meant they didn't store well and something happened to them. I'll admit that scared me enough to make a mental note to check for your reply first once I got the chance, because that was exactly what I was planning on doing and I thought my den was in danger, lol. Thanks for the clarity. If I knew how to hone, I would probably only have patches of hair all over my body, including my head, from trying out all of my work. It's a dangerously cool hobby/talent. I plan on trying to take it up soon.

You should definitely take up honing in some form or another. You know you’re into it when you have no more arm hair to treetop!

+1 @Sdm84 - I'm just doing a before and after, we all know the process of growing is ugly, which is why this is such a task lol. And yes, please share any tips you pick up along the way for keeping your skin under and beard healthy. That will make it easier to endure. @Quink - I did get the W&B rescaled. The guy that did the restore made custom fit, blonde marble buffalo horn scales for it. I can't wait to see it. I'll probably end up shaving my chest with it just to use it :lol:

Be careful...lol... not that you end up chopping of vital body parts in the process:laugh:

I apologize for disappointing you, but I woke up and shaved before I even realized what I was doing. I had a nice "long weekend" beard working, too--a good start.

At least it was a fantastic shave!
Not a problem, a good shave is always an excellent excuse :w00t:.
Today is All Saint's Day so its non-working day and I went to my uncle in another town with my family, and he was thrilled to show me his new razor- mach 3. I thought he was sarcastic at first but apparently he was not. He asked if I could order for him new brush and some creams and soaps, after all that talking about new creams, brushes ect. I had so big urge to shave but fortunately I was far away from my place, if I was not

OT: Props to the OP, this thread could be something like SOTD but before movember :laugh:

Last edited:
Gentlemen I have begun to see the stubble...and it is GREY...Lord give the strength to see this through- maybe I can pick up some part time Santa work this year...

[MENTION=110569]Catalinbread[/MENTION] wait for week 2, that's when crisis hit, I only managed not to shave for 10 days, 11th day I could not resist is anymore.

This is my 3rd day, so far stubble is actually much denser than I expected, honestly I'm surprised, and my stache started to show up but since it's blond looks weird.

[MENTION=110569]Catalinbread[/MENTION] wait for week 2, that's when crisis hit, I only managed not to shave for 10 days, 11th day I could not resist is anymore.

This is my 3rd day, so far stubble is actually much denser than I expected, honestly I'm surprised, and my stache started to show up but since it's blond looks weird.

I used to participate in no shave (insert month here). Id let it go for a few weeks than trim with clippers, shaving very rarely since my mach 3 causes ingrowns.

I've been shaving every 12 to 48 hours since joining here which is why I'm keeping my stuff out of sight to resist the urge. :cryin:

Last edited:
I used to participate in no shave (insert month here). Id let it go for a few weeks than trim with clippers, shaving very rarely since my mach 3 causes ingrowns.

I've been shaving every 12 to 48 hours since joining here which is why I'm keeping my stuff out of sight to resist the urge. :cryin:

Do you perhaps know is guard #4 good lenght for beard? I'm thinking of buzzing my hair to #1 and beard on #4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom