What's new

NINTH ANNUAL "One Blade in February" Challenge - 2018 Edition

Hi,

I am 9 days behind, having given up on the Schick C1 Repeater on the 10th. So I will continue with the Fasan DoubleSlant and the Personna Med Prep until it gives up or I go 28 shaves.

Stan

• Gillette Fatboy, set to 4 w/ NOS Wilkinson Sword Classic (29)
  • Vie Long horse hair brush
  • Maca Root, face lathered
  • Witch Hazel
Was thinking about upping the setting on the razor, but left it at 4. In turn, it took three passes and touch up for a passable shave. Tomorrow, I set the Fatboy to 7 for the last shave of February.

OBIF Shave #27 (2/27/2018)
Razor: I2/1963 Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue #27
Brush: B & B Essential boar - Seafoam
Soap: Beehive Sandalwood
AS: Old Spice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feb 27
proxy.php

Ikon El Jefe / Schick Proline (29)
Estoril Shave Cream
Bulgari Aqua

Decided to finish last 2 days with the El Jefe. It remains in the top 3 razor list for me, coaxing another fine shave from this blade.

February 27th
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: Feather ProGuard (27)
Soap/cream: Mickey Lee Pantie Dropper
Brush: 2016 Rudy Vey B&B Brush
Aftershave1: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aftershave2: Capt Choice Mystery Scent

IMG_20180226_195450.jpg

Schick Proline - Shave 15

OneBlade.jpg

This will be my last shave in February, but I'm going to go on with this blade to see where I get to (or I'll stop at 23 if I get there).

Going to the opera tonight (Parsifal), so will be wearing the Truefit & Hill Trafalgar.

Soap/cream: Mickey Lee Pantie Dropper

Pantie dropper? Learn something new every day . . .

Final shave completed this morning as I won’t be shaving tomorrow.

15 shaves on a Astor all in a NDC Superspeed. Overall not a bad experience but am looking forward to a fresh Nacet on March 1st.

26 amazing shaves with my Polsilver and it's not letting up. I've been using Tabac and a boar Semogue 620 everyday.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Polsilver shave #14.

48 hours since last shave.

Gillette Regent.

Yaqi Silvertip.

Stirling Island Man.

A literal repeat of last shave. One WTG. One ATG. One very light clean up. Nice shave...

My next shave is March 1st so I'm out and I'll see you over in the FFFMM thread lol.

Probably my last shave of the month as I'm off tomorrow. Next shave will be Thursday morning and I'm going back to my preferred Pol Silver SI

OBIF Shave #20
1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable (Delta Echo)
Gillette Silver Blue (8)(After Killing a GSB-12)
Badger and Blade Essential Boar Brush
Barrister and Mann First Snow Soap and AS

Last edited:
Shave #27 for the Personna Platinum
Old Type
Cold water and glycerine soap prep
RR Caribbean Coconut face lathered with Semogue Owner's Club boar
Witch hazel and Speick AS

The penultimate shave for this blade? I don't know. It was so good. Why stop so soon?

OBIF SOTD

Blade:
Bolzano (27) :001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Tortoise
Soap: Proraso Red tube
Brush: Tortoise S-Brush
ASL: Proraso Red [Sandalwood]
upload_2018-2-28_4-54-15.png
:001_smile

#28 and done. The Rainbow started out quite nice, but they don't seem to last as long as the Russian blades. I will be glad to get back to my Dorco Prime with 57 shaves on it tomorrow!

It's been fun, and I now know that a Lord Super Stainless is good for a couple weeks of shaves, probably not much more.

• Gillette Fatboy, set to 7 w/ NOS Wilkinson Sword Classic (30)
  • Simpson Berkeley 46 badger brush
  • Godrej Shaving Round, face lathered
  • Izod Classic aftershave
Made it! Godrej wasn't a good choice for this, the 30th shave, as there was insufficient residual slickness for the touch up, so I smeared on some Cremo and did a third pass. Pretty good shave, too, for number 30.

Thirty shaves is a milestone I've only hit with three other blades: a NOS French made Gillette Super Silver Platinum, a Wizamet Super Iridium, and the Brazilian-made Gillette Platinum Plus. That said, I'm not sure I'll be in the habit of pushing the Wilkinson Sword Classic this far. Three passes and touch up, plus the extra pre-shave work adds too much time to the morning shave. But the Wilkinson is clearly a double-digit shaves producer.

For those of you trying this challenge the first time, I hope you've learned something about your shaving and about your blade of choice. See you next year!

Top Bottom