What's new

New Yates Winning razor

I ordered my Yates Winning 12/28/23, and it arrived 1/2/24. Fast shipping!
My first impressions when unboxing is that the razor is a solid, hefty, and well crafted bit of kit.
This evening was my first shave using an Astra blade. It's very efficient and smooth. The angle is easy to find. It also gives excellent audible feedback. I had two days of growth. A two pass shave left me with just about BBS results. One small weeper on my lip, but that was likely user error. It was also easy to get under the nose. I typically shave every other day, but I could easily see someone using the Winning every day. I think $75 is an excellent price for this razor.

1.jpg

I bit the bullet and ordered the V2 on this last go around, as well as an M plate for the 921. I got to use the V2 tonight, and I think it's going to take some getting used to for me. My usual routine is to use my 921H my first night to cut down 4+ days of growth, and then my SS Overlander the next two nights, and then not shave for 4 days. For this shave with the V2, I'm only on 2 days of growth and it handled it pretty well. No weepers or irritation. The angle was a little hard for me to get, but I was getting the hang of it on my last pass. I think I'm just used to the steeper angle on the 921. I'm going to continue to use the V2 for the next 2 days and see how she goes. I'll probably use the 921M next week, or maybe a mix of the two to see how they'll compare. Overall I'm happy with my purchases and to support the Yates company.

Top Bottom