What's new

New to wet shaving

Welcome. I too was military. Medic. 83-'10. Work in a hospital now, forever in a rush to complete my tasks. Except for the 25 min in the morning that I can relax and take my time for myself. Wonderful. Enjoy your new hobby!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Im getting ready to start wet shaving,not because im having trouble with mega blades,but im retired now and im enjoing the simple pleasures in life now.I did some reasearch on products and this is what i ordered for my kit. A baili bd191, astra blades, derby shaving puck, badger brush. I would like your opinon on my choices. Thank you very much.
Welcome to B&B, I haven't retired yet, but I just got into wet shaving earlier this year for the same reasons.
I will echo what other members have said, you have made good choices, get used to what you have before you go off the deep end and you start checking the mail before your wife does! Lol

Happy shaves
prof

Welcome aboard to the forum/group/clan ....
You'll get more advice than you need, or use in the beginning. Your initial set up is much the same as mine was, fair razor, fair brush and a fair soap. Do get an alum block, not only will it do its job of disinfecting/cleaning your skin and closing up nicks, but will let you know where you're falling short in technique, or gone too hard. Helped enormously with my technique, it improved fast. don't go near the rabbit hole until you've done at least 4 weeks with your current set-up ... I stumbled across this advice in this forum and I can't tell you how valuable it is.
enjoy your shaving 'time'

For those who are new to wet shaving, I think the most often pieces of kit include patience, persistence, and practice.

This style of shaving has a learning curve, so if you lack any or all of these items, this might not be for you.

Top Bottom