What's new

New to wet shaving

Im getting ready to start wet shaving,not because im having trouble with mega blades,but im retired now and im enjoing the simple pleasures in life now.I did some reasearch on products and this is what i ordered for my kit. A baili bd191, astra blades, derby shaving puck, badger brush. I would like your opinon on my choices. Thank you very much.

Im getting ready to start wet shaving,not because im having trouble with mega blades,but im retired now and im enjoing the simple pleasures in life now.I did some reasearch on products and this is what i ordered for my kit. A baili bd191, astra blades, derby shaving puck, badger brush. I would like your opinon on my choices. Thank you very much.

Choices are solid! I started with a synthetic, but I’ve now used a badger and they’re nice. Enjoy your shaves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard!

You made reasonable choices. I suggest that you look over the Wiki and watch a few videos.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum and thanks for checking in. Stick with what you have until your technique improves and then you can change things around a little.

Great starter choice, other than the badger brush, all your choices are solid and dependable!

If I had to restart my collection it might go something like this a New Short Comb, BIC blades, an omega 11126 brush and good tallow based soap.

Happy shaves.

Mawashi

All excellent choices, imo. I'm also retired and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Take your time while getting used to your new kit and above all - enjoy the shaves

I have retired as well, the combinations of razors, blades, techniques, pre-shave, and shaving lotion/cream and aftershave makes every shave a unique experience - that is what I love about it.. What other hobbies can you have over 40 choices in just blades alone?... and everyone face is unique so the above combinations are all unique. Very much fun!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for checking in. Stick with what you have until your technique improves and then you can change things around a little.

Yup.

Plenty of time later to try out a dozen razors/blades/brushes/soaps. Vintage, artisan, open comb, yadda, yada. Too many choices. Go slow.

Glad you found this site, many good folks here to offer advice & answer questions. GOod choices on your kit. As others have said, stick with that same set up for at least a month & focus on learning good technique. This is a wonderful pastime. Looking forward to reading about your progress!

Well gents,got my kit in the mail.my wife said (why this?) I said it will help me to slow down.I spent most of my life in the military and trucklng.go,go,go. I remeber my Grandfather,latering up and singing while he shaved.he was a coal miner from PA. I think that was his tlme to escape,lol. I joined the military,(Army 1973) got out in 92. When i joined my mom gave me my grandpaps razor.i was 17 no beard,but the D.I. Said shave. So off i go 17 years old making hamburger out of my face.,lol.so i shaved today lisitened to frank sanatria,relaxed.took my time.let the razor do the work. Went with the grain,then across the grain.didnt have to go against the grain.gpt the closest shave i ever had. BUT? Yes theres a but,lol. Got to felling cockey,cut my left cheek..but man l had this time,where i was in my own world. Ill take my time next time.thanks for the welcome and advice

Top Bottom