What's new

New Soap from Cella

My Cella Bio Soap & matching Aftershave arrived and I gave it a go this morning. What a wonderful product! The soap as mentioned is really a soft cream. It lathered up very quickly and held together perfectly for 4 full passes. The scent is incredible and instantly won me over. It's a light scent with a nice balance of citrus/green-woods (bamboo?). It's clean and modern, but again not too strong. One of those products that you can smell on yourself, but people outside your bubble probably won't. The Aftershave dry down is nice without being sticky. Post shave is as good as you could ask for. All around just a great, top-tier product. Highly recommended.
After today's morning shave I found the exact same as above both for both the cream and the ASL.
Will try to use exclusively for one week to see more findings.
I really like the fact that it can lather pretty good even with cold water.

After today's morning shave I found the exact same as above both for both the cream and the ASL.
Will try to use exclusively for one week to see more findings.
I really like the fact that it can lather pretty good even with cold water.

I really enjoy my tub. I’ve shaved with it pretty much since I won @shave/brush pif. As soon as this years sabbatical is over, I’m getting the AS.
I don’t think the pink pepper note smells like actual pepper that you cook with. It’s more rose like.

I don’t think the pink pepper note smells like actual pepper that you cook with. It’s more rose like.
Pink pepper, when cooking, to me has a woody scent. White pepper has a citric scent.
The great example of YNMV (your nose may vary) :lol1:

If I were Italian I would call these products ''Ma che bella Cella!'' (echoing with Italian accent in me head now that I write it).

Pink pepper, when cooking, to me has a woody scent. White pepper has a citric scent.
What we call pink pepper is a berry from an evergreen tree. It is a different plant not related to the plant we get black or white pepper from.

Pink-Pepper-1.jpg

Ok, I think we are talking about the same thing, although I use it as a spice (don't know if it has other uses in cooking), usually making creole (a mix of 4 kinds of peppercorns-black/white/green/pink-for those who are unfamiliar with the term).
This spice to me has a woody scent.
Unless I get that scent from the bamboo I read about.

Honestly I don't give a rats ... on what they have used, as long as it is pleasing to the nose and not irritating to my skin.
Oh and does not come from endangered species.

Ok, I think we are talking about the same thing, although I use it as a spice (don't know if it has other uses in cooking), usually making creole (a mix of 4 kinds of peppercorns-black/white/green/pink-for those who are unfamiliar with the term).
This spice to me has a woody scent.
Unless I get that scent from the bamboo I read about.
Honestly I don't give a rats ... on what they have used, as long as it is pleasing to the nose and not irritating to my skin.
Oh and does not come from endangered species.

Any product that uses the eucalyptus plant is helping to starve the Koala bears. That is their main source of food.

Any product that uses the eucalyptus plant is helping to starve the Koala bears. That is their main source of food.
Ah, Touché..

Second shave, today morning , used EJ316. I am really fond of this cream..

As a small comparison, my arsenal includes Cyril R Salter/Castle Forbes creams, MWF, Le Pere Lucien and Le Petit Gaulois soaps (I use synth brushes).

Cella Bio just annihilated LPG in all aspects (except scent, LPG just has that seaside smell that I adore).
CRS & CB are better but not if you take into account cost/performance ratio. Ok, I know c/p ratio is something that may vary for a lot of people but still..
What took me by surprise is how close to MWF and LPL it is in terms of sleekness and post shave feel.

Take all these of course with a grain of salt, since I am fairly newbie to wet shaving.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I'm unfortunately allergic to the red Cella. But a recommendation by Marco is always worth trying. My tub is on its way.

The Extra Extra Bio performs just as great, but with a better cologne-type scent and a ton of skin-friendly ingredients. I believe that this new product is vastly superior to most creams on the market today, truly superb.

Thank you for the nice words, Sir.

I just pulled the trigger on two tubs and a tube of this shave cream. It sounds promising. I am looking forward to trying it.

The Extra Extra Bio performs just as great, but with a better cologne-type scent and a ton of skin-friendly ingredients. I believe that this new product is vastly superior to most creams on the market today, truly superb.

Thank you for the nice words, Sir.
My pleasure Marco it's true.
It's only Cella and Macca root that affect me so far, but looking forward to the new bio.
Merry Xmas to you and your family.
And to all the members of this great forum!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My pleasure Marco it's true.
It's only Cella and Macca root that affect me so far, but looking forward to the new bio.
Merry Xmas to you and your family.
And to all the members of this great forum!

My friend, Cella is unquestionably a superb soap. It has been in production since 1899 - exactly 120 years and, as I like to say, there is no better test of greatness than standing the test of time.

Merry Christmas to you too Mark and to all the fine members of this great community.

I've been using this cream exclusively for 2 weeks now. My skin has never looked clearer! No irritation, no nicks, no weepers.

If you're looking for a new cream, I cannot recommend this enough.

I ordered some last night...and the matching balm. Looking forward to it now, given how favorable the feedback has been! :)

I've been using this cream exclusively for 2 weeks now. My skin has never looked clearer! No irritation, no nicks, no weepers.

If you're looking for a new cream, I cannot recommend this enough.

I agree. I use this as my travel cream now as it’s utterly reliable and very slick so I can get a good shave even when my prep on the road isn’t as thorough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom