What's new

New Soap from Cella

This soap seems to moisturize my face like no other I have (though I only have a dozen or so creams and soaps accumulated during my 60 days of wet-shaving to which I can compare). :)

...always a pleasurable shave when it comes up in the rotation. The citrus scent isn't my favorite, though it's not off-putting or offensive, but the performance/slickness/moisturizing properties stand out from others I own.

IMG_8921.jpg

If that's the lather you shave with, I have some good news for you. Your lather looks great but is horrible for shaving - way too dry for peak performance. Add a lot more water so that the peaks are much softer and the lather has a wet sheen and is almost runny. You'll notice significant gains in slickness.

PSA for all new shavers: photogenic lather is too dry. Blame all those YouTube shavers who think shaving on camera makes them experts. Watch Michael Freedberg (@Cadinsor) or Pajeet to see what properly hydrated lather looks like.

Watch Michael Freedberg (@Cadinsor) or Pajeet to see what properly hydrated lather looks like.

The Pajeet method is impressive, I admit. But, great soaps are always easy to lather. I would like him using the crappiest soaps around, for example Colgate's or William's Mug Soap.

And then there is "YMMV". Some prefer a wetter lather, some a drier lather.

There's plenty of people who don't like runny lather.
That's a personal preference, which is perfectly valid.

That being said, wetter lather is always slicker than drier lather. Tons of YouTube shavers shave with lather that looks like plaster and complain it's not slick enough, or complain that their safety razor clogs too easily.

I don’t know what youtube shavers do, frankly, because I don’t watch people shave online. If it’s not slick enough for them, they should make it more slick. I make dense, creamy and slick lather for myself, and it’s nor runny or bubbly either. If it’s dripping off your face or if the layer is too thick, it doesn’t work for me. I don’t like messy shaving.

I can now buy this AMAZING cream at my local stores. Price is €7.50, just a few cents more than the Red bowl which is €6.95.

Cella Extra Extra Bio is one of the very best creams I've ever used, regardless of price point.

Ok, enough is enough. Marco Sir, you have recommended many great soaps in the past, and I've loved all of them so I value your opinions tremendously. I've actually got a tubs of the new yellow/colonia ADP and SV Cubebe, Opuntia and Dolomiti on the way, but sod it, I'm going to buy this Cella Bio. I never really wanted to try the original red Cella as I do not like the scent of almond/cherries.

Have you tried both the balm and the splash - I cant decide what to go with.

Ill let you know what I think of it.

Buy the way, I hope you are safe and well in Italy! I love your country and have been there MANY times.

Last edited:
I have the soap, balm and splash. I really liked the scent so got both balm and splash.
They’re both very good, not that expensive.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Ok, enough is enough. Marco Sir, you have recommended many great soaps in the past, and I've loved all of them so I value your opinions tremendously. I've actually got a tubs of the new yellow/colonia ADP and SV Cubebe, Opuntia and Dolomiti on the way, but sod it, I'm going to buy this Cella Bio. I never really wanted to try the original red Cella as I do not like the scent of almond/cherries.

Have you tried both the balm and the splash - I cant decide what to go with.

Ill let you know what I think of it.

Buy the way, I hope you are safe and well in Italy! I love your country and have been there MANY times.

Sir, Cella Extra Extra Bio has a fantastic cologne-type scent. To me nose it is somehow close to Terre d'Hermes. Often, I go for the trio: Cella Bio soap, Cella Bio splash and Terre d'Hermes fragrance.

Regarding your question on splash Vs balm, I suggest proceeding as you usually do. Hence, buy the balm if you are a balm user, buy the splash if you're a splash user.

Thank you kindly for the nice words and wishes, truly appreciated. :thumbup1:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Sir, Cella Extra Extra Bio has a fantastic cologne-type scent. To me nose it is somehow close to Terre d'Hermes. Often, I go for the trio: Cella Bio soap, Cella Bio splash and Terre d'Hermes fragrance.

Regarding your question on splash Vs balm, I suggest proceeding as you usually do. Hence, buy the balm if you are a balm user, buy the splash if you're a splash user.

Thank you kindly for the nice words and wishes, truly appreciated. :thumbup1:
I know this thread is a bit dated, but just wanted to thank @Marco for recommending the Cello Bio. I didn't get along with the red, probably because of the almond fragrance, but because of Marco's recommendation I tried the Bio version a couple of months ago and it is superb.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I love the bio splash. It’s a great scent. Unfortunately my tube of bio cream dried out like a brick. I couldn’t squeeze any out at all. I thought it was plugged with a dry bit but alas the whole tube was like that. I only used it once or twice. Probably an anomaly but sad.

I love the bio splash. It’s a great scent. Unfortunately my tube of bio cream dried out like a brick. I couldn’t squeeze any out at all. I thought it was plugged with a dry bit but alas the whole tube was like that. I only used it once or twice. Probably an anomaly but sad.
Did you cut the tube open and transfer it to another container with maybe a little water to re- hydrate it ?

Top Bottom