What's new

New product from Above the Tie

Hello, I know some info of our latest product leaked out last week. That's OK, some secrets are hard to keep.
At Above the Tie our goal is provide the best shaving gear possible. Our new Ink Well Razor Stands are machined here in the USA from a single block of 303 stainless steel. Superior weight, no coatings to wear off, no paint to chip just one masterful piece of functional art.
Enjoy the photos and go to our web site for more information.

Attachments

• $DSCN3783.jpg
    $DSCN3783.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,598
  • $DSCN3776.jpg
    $DSCN3776.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,590
Just one masterful piece of functional art.

That will be perfect for my Colossus .. which is now on it's way.
Cool .. another package to explain :001_huh:
"Really Sweetie .. they MADE me do it!"

Beautiful design, as always, Stan!

Cool stuff, Stan! Which razor is that pictured… the Colossus? Would it be possible for us to see what it looks like with your other two razors in it too?
It seems to me like it might suit the colossus best, seeing as how that razor is the tallest/longest relative to the size of the stands.

Congrats on this new product!

Cool stuff, Stan! Which razor is that pictured… the Colossus? Would it be possible for us to see what it looks like with your other two razors in it too?
It seems to me like it might suit the colossus best, seeing as how that razor is the tallest/longest relative to the size of the stands.

Congrats on this new product!

Here are two additional photos which should help illustrate how each razor sits in our new razor stand.
In designing our razor stand we were aware of basically one design on the market from producers of any renown. One style much shorter is made of aluminum, the other made of stainless sold only as part of a set.
We chose to go a different way, by using stainless we eliminate the possibility of paint chipping or fading or the worry of anything starting to peal off later. We wanted a lot of mass so tipping of the base would be impossible with normal use. How tall to make the stand came down to the issue of offering maximum protection for the razor. We felt if the stand is shallow the razor could be dislodged accidentally and fall. As a result we decided a deeper bore would help eliminate this possibility. The stand will accommodate any razor handle of 1/2" or less in diameter. Lastly we wanted it to look good with not only our razors but also with other brands as well. That is why we went with a classic form for a timeless look.
Due to some dedicated and highly skilled artisans here in Tennessee this stand not only looks good now, it will look good a century from now. We are very proud that.
I hope this clarifies the thought process involved in creating of our latest product. Most importantly, we hope many will deem this product a worthy addition to their shave den and receive many years of enjoyable service.

Attachments

• $DSCN3791.jpg
    $DSCN3791.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,279
  • $DSCN3800.jpg
    $DSCN3800.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,274
$6-2-2014 11-31-36 PM.jpg

Thanks, Stan. These perspective photos really help me see the proportions of the different handles with the new inkwell holder. I have to say I like them and am looking forward to seeing my new Colossus/R2 in a line-up with my Atlas/Kronus 7-piece set.

I have really enjoyed the fact that ATT razors and components are so well made that they are heirloom quality out of the box. My antiques dealer/friend says that because of ATT's design, craftsmanship and materials, its razors and accessories are likely to appreciate in value over time--making them excellent choices to hand down from generation to generation.

I think that, once again, you've done a terrific job...

Last edited:
Mine arrived today.
Beautiful!
Much more substantial in person than my mind had calculated.
A wonderful, heavy, classy piece of kit.

$IMG_0118.jpg

Top Bottom