What's new

NEW Original 1932 Floid The Genuine!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
After having finished a first 400 ml bottle, I have today finished a second 150 ml bottle. Now, I have a third one (still 150 ml) ready for action. Did I mention I love this legendary aftershave? :001_wub:
I am now about to finish a third 150 ml bottle.

With absolute certainty I can declare that the new Floid The Genuine is the finest aftershave lotion I have ever used so far in my +30 years of wet shaving. Period.

20220417_085234.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I am now about to finish a third 150 ml bottle.

With absolute certainty I can declare that the new Floid The Genuine is the finest aftershave lotion I have ever used so far in my +30 years of wet shaving. Period.

So what are the differences for you, when comparing it to another great Italian classic, like Proraso? :)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
So what are the differences for you, when comparing it to another great Italian classic, like Proraso? :)
In my rankings Proraso is #2, just behind Floid. Still excellent with great face feel, but not quite the same. I prefer the lighter alcohol content of Floid and the great skin conditioning properties provided by the many plant extracts.

Well, I turned 59 yo just the other day and I have found that I like Floid Blue and Original Polo to be my favorite aftershave and alternative scents. I have been ‘wet shaving’ for about 40 years. Seems crazy at this point. Maybe I'll get myself a new STR8 razor for my birthday…hmmm.

OkieStubble

In my rankings Proraso is #2, just behind Floid. Still excellent with great face feel, but not quite the same. I prefer the lighter alcohol content of Floid and the great skin conditioning properties provided by the many plant extracts.

How would you personally describe the scent of Floid Marco? This is what intrigues and fascinates me the most about The Genuine, is other than describing it as ‘Old World’ barbershop? I don’t know how to articulate and describe its unique scent? :)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
How would you personally describe the scent of Floid Marco? This is what intrigues and fascinates me the most about The Genuine, is other than describing it as ‘Old World’ barbershop? I don’t know how to articulate and describe its unique scent? :)
My friend, Floid has the scent of the traditional Italian barbershop: fresh, powdery, Old School.

I agree, Floid The Genuine has risen to the number 1 spot in my den for face feel and healing properties. I wasn't sure about the scent at first, it seemed a bit medicinal out of the bottle, but once applied to my skin that all changed and for scent alone its in my top 3. I should add that I am currently shaving with an Italian soap, the discontinued iColoniali mango shaving soap. Floid The Genuine and iColoniali are a match made in heaven!

I have to share a recent experience involving The Genuine. We had some cool weather several days ago and I was wearing a fleece jacket with the collar up while running some errands. At the end of the day I hung the jacket on a hook by the back door and forgot about it. The next day my sister-in-law was at our home visiting my wife. While my wife was tied up on the phone our dog needed to take a walk so my sis-in-law grabbed my fleece jacket and ran him outside. Apparently some Floid The Genuine had rubbed off on the collar and she absolutely fell in love with the scent. She ran in the house, asked my wife what kind of AS I wore, and made her dig out the bottle so she could take a picture and get some for her husband. Imagine my surprise when I walked in the house, saw my jacket and partial bottle of Floid on the table, and my sister-in-law taking pictures.

As I am typing this my wife walked by. I just asked her how she would describe the scent of my aftershave. She said "mmm, it's a little bit sweet, a little bit spicey, and a whole bunch of naughty".

Floid Gen.jpg

I got mine from west coast shaving but, they appear to be sold out. However, it appears as though top of the chain in Canada and the razor company may have some in stock. Hope this helps. Good luck.
My friend @OkieStubble would you kindly give some suggestions on where to buy Floid in the US, please? So far nobody has answered to @okiwen who asked for info.

OkieStubble

My friend @OkieStubble would you kindly give some suggestions on where to buy Floid in the US, please? So far nobody has answered to @okiwen who asked for info.

I couldn’t find any stateside. West Coast Shaving was sold out. I ended up going to EBay for my purchase. It took a bit over 2 weeks to get to me from the Netherlands. :)

OkieStubble

Speaking on FtG, the first solid cold front will be coming into Okieland tonight and pushing the temperatures into the 70’s. Fall has finally arrived!

Been using FtG strictly ever other day for the last 3-4 weeks now. It’s been wonderful! No complaints! But it will have to give way until next Spring, because Bootlegger’s Bay Rum weather is approaching! :)

Probably my last shave for the year with Floid The Genuine this morning.

IMG_1511.jpeg

Love everything about Floid! Marco is never wrong! :)

The empty 150ml bottles will be really nice and cool to decant other aftershaves into them! :)

Top Bottom