What's new

NEW Original 1932 Floid The Genuine!

Are we sure that the Vigoroso will disappear? I think I read (not sure though) that some Spanish wet shavers were worried about the Spanish Floids would be discontinued after Martelli bought the brand. Someone wrote that Martelli claimed the Spanish Floids would continue to be produced in Spain.

I don't know when or where I read this. Perhaps I dreamt it, but I would bet a small bottle of Suave that this is correct. I think I read about this in an Italian or Spanish shaving forum.
I could see that happening, it's a beloved product in Spain but hard to say what kind of agreement they had when Martelli "bought" the brand.

All I can say is grazie to Marco!

I purchased Floid Genuine just because he highlighted it and I'm not disappointed. It's amazing to me how a splash can be this moisturizing also. No burn, slight, initial cooling, and a lasting, intriguing scent. Our brothers across the pond know what they are doing!

My SOTN consisted of : RR Jaws + Polsilver Stainless, MWF, and my APShave Co 26mm Gelousy Jade Eagle.

Only 2 passes followed by faceturbation since 1830hrs.

If the new owners of Floid bring back the blue, I might have to move to Italy!

marty

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
All I can say is grazie to Marco!

I purchased Floid Genuine just because he highlighted it and I'm not disappointed. It's amazing to me how a splash can be this moisturizing also. No burn, slight, initial cooling, and a lasting, intriguing scent. Our brothers across the pond know what they are doing!

My SOTN consisted of : RR Jaws + Polsilver Stainless, MWF, and my APShave Co 26mm Gelousy Jade Eagle.

Only 2 passes followed by faceturbation since 1830hrs.

If the new owners of Floid bring back the blue, I might have to move to Italy!

marty
Absolutely my pleasure, dear Marty. :001_smile

... On a side note, they already have a splash with a "balm-like" performance. It's Proraso Red and it's very much loved.

Hi Marco,

The Proraso Red comment caught my attention. Would you say the face feel of the new Original 1932 Floid The Genuine is similar or the same as the Proraso Red?

Appreciate your feedback when time permits.

Been lurking here for a while and a few weeks ago I saw this thread with all the positive reviews. I've previously used the spanish Floid (Vigoroso) and while I like the scent, it's a bit too much. Found a local online store that sold the new Floid and decided to take the risk with potentially 400ml of stuff I wouldn't enjoy that much. It's become a favorite of mine and have sent some samples to a couple of guys who were on the fence.

Great scent, great face feel, good price.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Hi Marco,

The Proraso Red comment caught my attention. Would you say the face feel of the new Original 1932 Floid The Genuine is similar or the same as the Proraso Red?

Asking the real questions right here!

Hi Marco,

I believe Proraso red to have a stickier face feel than The Genuine.

Hoping that’s the case too, because I’m not a fan of the Red’s feel. It feels rather oily and for me … it doesn’t dry down. I have oily skin to begin with, so that might be a factor as well.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Hi Marco,

Asking the real questions right here!

Actually, it's much, much better. Many (me included) have reported an annoying sticky feel after using the Red Proraso. This issue has been solved now. The Original 1932 Floid The Genuine is an upgraded formula without drawbacks. :thumbup1:

Actually, it's much, much better. Many (me included) have reported an annoying sticky feel after using the Red Proraso. This issue has been solved now. The Original 1932 Floid The Genuine is an upgraded formula without drawbacks. :thumbup1:
Yes, I use witch hazel after almost every shave, and I tend to make sure I have a face still moist with witch hazel when I apply the Proraso red to counteract the stickiness of it.

Hoping that’s the case too, because I’m not a fan of the Red’s feel. It feels rather oily and for me … it doesn’t dry down. I have oily skin to begin with, so that might be a factor as well.
I don’t get any sticky feeling from The Genuine. Have you ever used Skin Bracer? I think The Genuine is similar.

Quick follow up...

About the face feel, it would not surprise me in the least if it felt somewhat like the Proraso green. The way folks are describing the face feel to this new formula on this thread make me think that might be the case. I get a slight residue feel from the Proraso green as well, but it does dissipate for me and does not behave like the Red. Full disclosure is I probably have version 1 of the Red because I got it when it first came out and it sounds like the aforementioned stickiness has been addressed now.

About the scent, when I read lavender, thyme, rosemary, sage... those are components of the classical "herbes de provence". So very mediterranean as a starting point. That's not saying you'll smell like herbes de provence, because you don't see marjoram or oregano. But it does gives me a sense of what to expect. The proportions are probably just very unique to Floid.

Just saw this on Instagram!

Attachments

• 696ADD98-22BF-4965-98A4-CD749CB05F84.jpeg
    696ADD98-22BF-4965-98A4-CD749CB05F84.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Just saw this on Instagram!

Way to go and long expected!
Calling on @Marco
"I understand that even if some fans would love it, you have no interest in making it. But, at least, an official note would be appreciated". This is what is written below the pic, which seems a fake to me. Also, I have no info on an imminent Floid Blue release so far.

Top Bottom