What's new

NEW Original 1932 Floid The Genuine!

My friend @OkieStubble would you kindly give some suggestions on where to buy Floid in the US, please? So far nobody has answered to @okiwen who asked for info.
Pasteur has the large size in stock.

Marco, I just read I can get Italian citizenship through my grandfather. Would a person have to be wealthy to live in Italy? I've already got the Vespa, lol!

For a US option I'm sure someone will help here. I live in Italy, Sir. Sorry.
Hi, Marco!

May I address here one question off-topic? Which are the Italian equivalents of the British brands TOBS, Truefitt & Hill, D. R. Harris? Not only in terms of price, but also perceived as classics and synonym of style? Grazie mille!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Hi, Marco!

May I address here one question off-topic? Which are the Italian equivalents of the British brands TOBS, Truefitt & Hill, D. R. Harris? Not only in terms of price, but also perceived as classics and synonym of style? Grazie mille!
Sir, is your question related to brands in general or aftershaves only?

Sir, is your question related to brands in general or aftershaves only?
Brands, for now, please. Part of the fun is to do my own research from then on. By the way, this may make a good new topic / thread, if I am not the only one interested. Grazie, signior!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Brands, for now, please. Part of the fun is to do my own research from then on. By the way, this may make a good new topic / thread, if I am not the only one interested. Grazie, signior!
I would divide the quality Italian brands into two main categories: budget friendly and expensive.
Among the budget friendly brands my favourite are Proraso and Cella. Among the expensive brands the sole big name I really love and keep in my den is Saponificio Varesino.

Yes, please create a new thread if you desire to. We cannot push this one further out of topic. Thank you. :001_smile

I just wanted to add my story about replenishing my Floid stock during a recent trip to Italy:

In August 2023, I visited Rome, Bologna, Sardinia, and a few towns in Tuscany and made several stops at various hypermarkets in the hope of securing some Floid bottles. However, to my disappointment, I couldn't find any. I remembered my last visit in 2017, when Floid was readily available in almost every hypermarket, including big names like Carrefour and Esselunga. I was convinced that I would find the new Floid by Martelli this time around. But it proved to be an impossible task.

It appears that Floid products are no longer distributed as widely as they used to be. Instead, it seems that only select, specialized stores and profumerias are stocking them. Fortunately, I managed to find the aftershave and a few other Foid products at Acqua & Sapone in Rome. Tigotà, another chain profumeria did not have it - which only makes me think very few places are carrying the products in Italy.

My quest for the fabulous Palmolive Reinfrescante in the larger supermarkets also ended in disappointment, as I was told that restocking of this item was frustratingly slow during the summer. Proraso products were easy enough to find as one would expect.

Perhaps @Marco can corroborate my experience. Floid is not as readily available in Italy as it once was, a puzzling situation given that Martelli is certainly large enough to ensure efficient product distribution. Unless, of course, there's a deliberate marketing strategy at play.

Thanks

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I just wanted to add my story about replenishing my Floid stock during a recent trip to Italy:

In August 2023, I visited Rome, Bologna, Sardinia, and a few towns in Tuscany and made several stops at various hypermarkets in the hope of securing some Floid bottles. However, to my disappointment, I couldn't find any. I remembered my last visit in 2017, when Floid was readily available in almost every hypermarket, including big names like Carrefour and Esselunga. I was convinced that I would find the new Floid by Martelli this time around. But it proved to be an impossible task.

It appears that Floid products are no longer distributed as widely as they used to be. Instead, it seems that only select, specialized stores and profumerias are stocking them. Fortunately, I managed to find the aftershave and a few other Foid products at Acqua & Sapone in Rome. Tigotà, another chain profumeria did not have it - which only makes me think very few places are carrying the products in Italy.

My quest for the fabulous Palmolive Reinfrescante in the larger supermarkets also ended in disappointment, as I was told that restocking of this item was frustratingly slow during the summer. Proraso products were easy enough to find as one would expect.

Perhaps @Marco can corroborate my experience. Floid is not as readily available in Italy as it once was, a puzzling situation given that Martelli is certainly large enough to ensure efficient product distribution. Unless, of course, there's a deliberate marketing strategy at play.

Thanks
Sir, it's true that Floid is not available everywhere, but it's not that difficult to find either once you know where to look for.

Sir, it's true that Floid is not available everywhere, but it's not that difficult to find either once you know where to look for.
Besides Acqua & Sapone, what other chain stores carry it now? Is it still being sold in supermarkets?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Besides Acqua & Sapone, what other chain stores carry it now? Is it still being sold in supermarkets?
As you mentioned Tigotà e Cossuto (both similar to Acqua & Sapone), barbershop suppliers and specialized perfumeries. Also, on-line here in Italy you often get lower prices with free shipping.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco. Tell me about Hermes Terre.
Terre d'Hermes is one of my top signature fragrance houses. I love both the Parfum and the Eau de Toilette. The Parfum of course has more longevity. According to their web site here is the description of the olfactory notes for the Parfum:
"A warm, woody fragrance, Terre d'Hermès Parfum combines enveloping cedar and sparkling grapefruit with a radiant note of shiso."
By the way, Floid has recently introduced a line of bath soaps, aftershave balms and underarm deodorants inspired to Terre d'Hermes. I love the Vetyver Splash scent. Here below is the bath soap.

8004395321513.jpg

Top Bottom