What's new

New Old Stock Razors

Got back from Vienna, Austria this morning and tried out my new old stock (NOS) razor.

Found a Mühle ⅝" NOS straight razor in the store and was very impressed with the result.
I almost overlooked this razor, but the $75 price tag for a rew razor was simply too good to resist and surprisingly the razor came shave-ready out of the box and gave me a BBS shave this morning. I have long been a friend of Mühle products, like their open comb DE razors and silvertip fibre® brushes, have long considered their craftsmanship superior to Merkur - and this straight razor seems no exception.

I was unable to verify whether they really were made but Dovo, as is rumoured.
Hopefully, Mühle will start offering straight razors again, as their website still shows the link to straight razors, but no such razors are listed.

The NOS Friodur 6/8 I found was at $275 neither cheap, nor shave-ready and may need some serious honing before it get's where I want it to be.
But Friodurs are the only stainless straight razors I have in my collection and they can perform quite well.

Need to see how this one turns out.

As I picked up two Austs as well, it was a satisfying trip, I'd say.

I have a Friodur 17 INOX 8/8 that's been rescaled that I love. If the rest are as good as mine, they are all fantastic.

Nice haul.

Top Bottom