What's new

New Products In Stock Now

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
I have some new stock on hand in time for the Holidays.

My supplier found another batch of my old favorite European Steerhide and I should have a good supply for the next few months. I have my Horween Veg Tanned Horsehide in both matt and eggshell finishes too.

I am adding a few new things. First is a very simple Starter Strop to try and have a budget friendly entry into straight razor shaving. This is a 2 1/2" x 24" straight cut end, European Steerhide "Plain" with a snap/swivel ring top. leather only, no cloth and at a low $30 price.

As a bonus to those who want to go with an Artisan grade strop right out of the gate but are worried about the learning curve, my Practice Strops are offered as a $20 option to any Artisan grade strop. This is also a 2 1/2" x 24" European Steerhide strop but with a 550 cord and bead hanger you can use on a doorknob or towel bar so you won't even need a strop hook to get started. The Practice strop is basically a break-even product offered as a bonus so cannot be purchased separately

IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Hi Tony, what do you suggest for my first strop? I was going to get the vanilla I think from your site but had it seen it available.
If you want a cloth component and some kind of grip (D-rings) either the steerhide or horsehide "Plain Vanilla" is a good choice at $50. I also just listed the 2 1/2" x 24" shown above for $30 using the same leather as the steerhide Plain, just a different shape. Either horse or steer will do the same job.

Top Bottom