What's new

New L'Occitane brush anyone?

Anyone has the audacity of buying one despite the apparently large loft, the dubious fibre and the crooked knot on their promotional photo?
:letterk1::letterk1:

20PR001M20_1024x1024.jpg

No? Ok, so since it was at discount, I took one to see what´s what...

Seriously, it´s one that doesn´t have many views, none review, it predecessor left a high bar to meet, but the doubts arise, can it be so bad?

Just waiting for arrival..

Cheers

Well, the brush arrived today, and first thing a big "Made in China"... not made in France like some reps said, not that this is a bad thing, but that´s that

IMG_20220407_121858408.jpgIMG_20220407_121907753.jpg

Presentation is good, forunately the knot is straight, beechwood handle, very light and nimble...
IMG_20220407_121919564.jpgIMG_20220407_121948848.jpgIMG_20220407_121953462.jpg

Small knot, large loft, fibre very similar to the Omega Hi-Brush which it isn´t one of my favourites...
IMG_20220407_122043182.jpgIMG_20220407_122056587.jpg

All in all, I think that it´s well finished, liked the handle, but at MSRP it´s a steal... I buyed it at about $10 with discount but I would never pay the normal price...

I can buy a 10 pack of similar brushes at Aliexpress cheaper :c1:
-647283845181112204.jpg

Tomorrow the trial...

Cheers

I have a coupon if it’s still valid, I’d go $10 for the handle, but shipping would be more unless you wanted something else.
Yeah, the handle it's the main thing I like too, if I don't like the knot (and I think I am not gonna like it) I am gona to replace it.

I am already thinking of a mixed badger/boar from an Omega MM
IMG_20220407_174749175 - copia-1.jpg

Cheers

Yeah, the handle it's the main thing I like too, if I don't like the knot (and I think I am not gonna like it) I am gona to replace it.

I am already thinking of a mixed badger/boar from an Omega MM
View attachment 1436122

Cheers
The Omega Mixed Midget is a terrific brush! Putting that knot in the beechwood handle could yield a real gem of a brush. Please keep us posted!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks for posting. Look forward to your review after using it. Cool looking handle for sure. When I started down this rabbit hole I tried to get the original synth brush. Not realizing it was out of production the store clerk didn’t even know they made / sold brushes.

Thanks for posting. Look forward to your review after using it. Cool looking handle for sure. When I started down this rabbit hole I tried to get the original synth brush. Not realizing it was out of production the store clerk didn’t even know they made / sold brushes.
Those guys know nothing and tell anything to push other product...

When I started this I just missed the Plisson CADE brush, at that time it was out of the stores and the eBay prices for used ones started climbing, so this is the main reason that gave me curiosity about this one... But sadly I think they couldn´t match the older one... And I made this post so anyone who is considering it, know a little more about it before the purchase...

Cheers

I saw one of these at a L’Occitane earlier this week and wasn’t impressed with the quality. I didn’t try it, but it reminded me of an inexpensive Omega handle with a Yaqi or similar synth knot. Hopefully it performs well.

Well, today was the test shave, I decided to go for a full CADE shave, and for the hardware, also a first use of a ATT Windsor Pro from their Ugly Stuff category... what a great razor!

IMG_20220408_084950827-02.jpeg

The brush performed as expected, same issues as with the Omegas Hi-Brush, springy not easy to splat, but I could made some good lather to shave, enough for the 2 pass shave, no need to reload but need to add some water to it.

All in all, this is a regular, may be good brush, but it isn´t a $30 worth one... I think L'Occitane could do better on this... might be better be using an Omega S10005 with the S-Brush fibre... or a boar... wait, they already did that :c1:

s-l400.jpg

I might keep it for the handle, or like I said above, might put another knot on it... I really liked the handle...

Thanks for reading this and have a great day..

Cheers

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Well, the brush arrived today, and first thing a big "Made in China"... not made in France like some reps said, not that this is a bad thing, but that´s that

View attachment 1436093View attachment 1436094

Presentation is good, forunately the knot is straight, beechwood handle, very light and nimble...
View attachment 1436095View attachment 1436096View attachment 1436098

Small knot, large loft, fibre very similar to the Omega Hi-Brush which it isn´t one of my favourites...
View attachment 1436099View attachment 1436100

All in all, I think that it´s well finished, liked the handle, but at MSRP it´s a steal... I buyed it at about $10 with discount but I would never pay the normal price...

I can buy a 10 pack of similar brushes at Aliexpress cheaper :c1:
View attachment 1436102

Tomorrow the trial...

Cheers

My God man! That brush has a higher loft then my hair! I could have a funky looking hair dew if I glued all those knots to my head. :letterk1:

Top Bottom