What's new

New Head for my EJDE89

I posted an earlier thread about some pitting on the leading edge of my DE89's end cap. Edwin Jagger not only sent a new end cap, but a whole new head! Very nice!

Yesterday I shaved with a new Polsilver blade, and it was a bit harsh as I find the first shave on that blade always is. After shaving I put the new head on the razor and put the Polsilver blade back into it. Expected today's shave to be very smooth; typical of the second shave with that blade. But it was every bit as harsh as it was yesterday. Only thing that changed was to put on a brand new head of the same (?) design and manufacturer as the original.

Could the new head be causing this? Guess I will see what tomorrow's shave brings.

Double check the blade alignment. One of my three Edwin Jaggers needs extra alignment each time, whilst the other two always seat the blade perfectly.

Checked alignment before shaving this morning. Looked good. Shave good but not smooth. Next move will be to try a new and maybe different blade.

Changed my mind for this morning's shave and switched back to the old EJ head. Shave was very nice; just as I remembered. Conclusion so far: new EJ head not the same as the old one. Next step is to change just the cap to see if that is where the difference is.

Top Bottom