What's new

New Forest Brushes

So after looking through a bunch of threads, I haven't been able to find a ton of information on New Forest brushes. I found a thread from a few months back, but the main content was about their silvertip knot, and I'd like to hear information pertaining to the high mountain two-band, if anyone has one. These look like really nice brushes, and I'm on the precipice of buying one, but I'd like to hear some opinions on that two-band hair first. Also, if anyone can share the average process time from order placement to arrival in the US, I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks in advance for any info you fine gentlemen can supply!

I have for a year and a half the New Forest 2204 Two Band Super Badger...perfect brush for face lathering...just perfect. But has a long enough handle for bowl lathering too. Very soft tips, excellent backbone. Worth every penny the £37 (included worldwide delivery) which cost. Highly recommended. A very honest brush...i am thinking of getting another one for a backup.

Well, I pulled the trigger on a 2401 Briar. I'm pretty excited for the High Mountain two-band - sounds like its right up my alley!

$New Forest_2401 Briar.jpg

New Forest have fallen a bit out of favor since the Chinese started marketing brushes directly at a lower price. Their concept of buying TGN-equivalent knots and attaching them to simple handles styled after popular handle types was borrowed by the guys they were buying knots from, who weren't so good at it originally (poorly thought out loft heights, etc). But after not so long the Chinese makers figured out what the market wanted and started making those, so now NF has been undersold. I can't imagine they're bad brushes, but I'd expect they're about the same as what you'd get from a FS with the same specs. That in mind, the FS 2 band HMW is just fine, but I can't really say that it's any better than any other decent two band. It doesn't compare to M&F Blonde or Rooney Finest or Plisson HMW. Really I couldn't say the hair struck me as any different from the hair in the original NF I had (2201 I think is the right model #).

Last edited:
New Forest make decent brushes at reasonable prices.
I have the 2204 & it's a great face latherer with any cream.
Also, great customer service. Any issues at all are sorted straight away :thumbup1:
proxy.php

I have a tubby 2 brush from them that isn't really my cup of tea, but then I went back and ordered a 1901 in two band which has become my go-to brush - I hardly ever use anything else any more.

I face lather soaps, and this has the backbone to load pretty easy. It's got a little scritch to the tips, which I also like. All in all I'd say great value for money.

No idea what average shipping time to the US is, as I'm in western Europe, but the whole thing was smooth and painless in my experience.

Top Bottom