What's new

need help finding a razor blade

linty1

My wallet cries.
Hello all, been DE shaving for a few years now, and wanted to venture into straight razor shaving. Picked up a non-folding Feather Artist Club ss, now looking for a pack of blades. Like with DE blades, there are many, and I assume its a YMMV thing. If I told yoou that I LOVE Gillette Silver Blues, Gillette 7'oclock Blues, and Treet Classic Blades, found Astra SPs to be middling, and hated Derby and Shark blades, could you gleem the info from that and guide me to something for my Ss? Any info/guidance would be helpful, I would only be buying a pack to get me going... please and thank you in advance.

linty1

My wallet cries.
After some reading, it seems there are four types of Feather blades to choose from... and there are some "Kai" blades that might be compatible? Any others? It seems like the "Feather Pro Guards" are a good first blade?

linty1

My wallet cries.
Wow.. these proguards and really the other three kinds of blades are more expnsive then I thought they would be... I guess it is the "Feather" brand markup, but also the little contraption that dispenses the blades... which is weird because according to the "Jatai" video on youtube, you have to handle the blade with your hands anyways...

linty1

My wallet cries.
I ended buying a pack of Feather proguards to start off with, with a mind set on getting the professional blades for my next pack. I paid around $16 usd on ebay, coming from a vendor with good feedback from Japan. I have read a few thread about inconsistancy in the blades, are these still the case?

This is turning into more of a journal than questions.

Sorry I can't offer any advise. Just couldn't see you not getting a single response. I talk to myself all the time. :blink:

I cant help but say the Feather blades is use in my OneBlade, when im not able to enjoy my straights, are crazy sharp...youll enjoy them...just like all other straights i suspect technique is super important.

linty1

My wallet cries.
*chuckles* Thanks Happy, I am a teacher, and that small act would put you in "Student of the month" territory :)

Sorry I can't offer any advise. Just couldn't see you not getting a single response. I talk to myself all the time. :blink:

You don't need to handle the blades. Most people do handle them but you can inject them from the dispenser into the razor.

As far as blades go, Feather, Kai, Schick make them, as well as the much harder to find (in my experience) Dorco and Samsung blades. I've never personally had a bad blade though.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Thanks Brian, I ended up getting some proguards, the professionals scared me, my next pack shall be professionals after I take the training wheels off.

Top Bottom